Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Keighlea

Keighlea

Posts: 40,455 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
@Keighlea & J Morgan,
I've looked at an export/import settings option, and it's do-able. I'm having a couple of minor issues with things like my signature that contains white spaces but I'll work that out.

­<3

Also when I login to chrome from a different PC, it exports my bookmarks and extensions + settings, basically everything.

When I reinstall my OS it's the same deal. I install chrome, and import my settings and that's it. I guess not everyone signs into chrome and uses this,

That helps for me, for the most part, but it's never done anything inside the extensions. It will replace every extension and setting I chose, but as for contents of the extension (Signature, custom avatar, settings, post colors, friend list, etc) it's all the defaults :(

~~~Zaros is the way Forward~~~
Lady of Zaros

Proud Linkify user - Become one of the Family!

08-Oct-2013 21:58:38

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
^Ah I see, tbh I haven't looked closely at it, and it might be different for me since I have a developer account. I may be totally wrong about the setting being imported. I have so many versions of this app it's hard to know what's what.

Anyway I made good progress with this, I have no problem creating a settings file that's downloadable, and that can be imported back in RS-Linkify. It just breaks my signature :/

­­­
­~ Blame Rowley if it doesn't work ~

08-Oct-2013 22:07:56 - Last edited on 19-Dec-2013 11:11:43 by Indecent Act

Morgan

Morgan

Posts: 36,054 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
When I reinstall my OS it's the same deal. I install chrome, and import my settings and that's it. I guess not everyone signs into chrome and uses this, I don't just sign in from anywhere though so this has limitations. Anyway I thought I'd mention it. I'll keep working on the import/export settings though

I sign in to my Google account and it only saves my extensions, not the settings within them.

08-Oct-2013 22:12:49

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Is there a way to count the "blank" spaces and store that number, and when it re-imports have it paste that many Alt-0161's? (Or whatever the code is)

~~~Zaros is the way Forward~~~

Yeah there is a way to count, but I rather solve the issue and understand why things are doing what they do. As it happens I have figured it out.

Version 2.0.4.9 has 2 new buttons in Miscellaneous setting for importing and exporting settings.

Only your saved settings are exported, so changing a few settings and exporting means your file won't reflect those changes unless you save first.

There is another kind of feature to this. You can export as many different configurations as you like, as long as the file you save has a unique name. It can be like saving different profiles. It's not the best method for switching profiles but it works, and at least makes profile switching possible until I write something specifically for that.

­­­

09-Oct-2013 06:12:05 - Last edited on 05-Dec-2013 15:49:57 by Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Moreno: [qfc id=14-15 page=10240][/qfc]
http://www.indecentcode.com/rslinkify_images/10240.png

Here's your lip reduction, if someone else wants to work on it I'll update you with a new code, for now this all I can do.

­­­

09-Oct-2013 08:01:10 - Last edited on 19-Dec-2013 11:38:50 by Indecent Act

Devon Clues

Devon Clues

Posts: 6,101 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
When I reinstall my OS it's the same deal. I install chrome, and import my settings and that's it. I guess not everyone signs into chrome and uses this, I don't just sign in from anywhere though so this has limitations. Anyway I thought I'd mention it. I'll keep working on the import/export settings though

I sign in to my Google account and it only saves my extensions, not the settings within them.

I have realized this when I went to go and format my computer a few days ago. Wished it did save settings >.<

09-Oct-2013 14:09:17

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top