Forums

UEFA Euro 2016 France

Quick find code: 261-262-288-65798671

July

July

Posts: 6,214 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I find it hard to select favourites, so I'll start with some of the big names that probably won't win it: France, Italy and Portugal.

As for each of the other countries individually:

Belgium: A lot of talent, can definitely reach the semis, but have an efficiency problem as they don't score very easily. They didn't convince in their friendlies of last month (Switzerland/Finland), but there is still one opponent to go (Norway). Will be an interesting game to follow. There is enough quality to reach the final, but they're going to need some luck for it too.

England: I recognize some of the same problems as Belgium. Although they won all 3 friendlies (Turkey, Australia, Portugal), they didn't convince at all. That's why I would give them as much of a chance as Belgium to reach the final.

Germany: They are not as good as they were during the World cup. That was already visible during the qualification campaign of the Euros. They have lost their only friendly with 1-3 to Slovakia too. On the other hand, Germany are a competition team and they don't need many chances to score at all. I rate them higher than Belgium and England, but both of them could definitely beat the Germans.

Spain: They have improved a lot since the World cup and there is a lot of individual talent in their squad. In their friendlies they beat Bosnia by 3 to 1 and South-Korea with a 6-1 score. I consider them to be the favourites to win it, although I didn't actually watch them play during their friendlies.

Altogether I consider these 4 to be the favourites for reaching the semis.

03-Jun-2016 19:15:15 - Last edited on 03-Jun-2016 19:15:42 by July

Was Zeus

Was Zeus

Posts: 22,388 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile

ZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZE

03-Jun-2016 23:15:06

Quick find code: 261-262-288-65798671 Back to Top