Forums

Which skill dies next?

Quick find code: 259-260-994-66076637

Santah Khan
Jul Member 2004

Santah Khan

Posts: 2,858 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Luckily my mining maxed, before this Mining rework. I only got my smithing to 117 before the ax fell.

What skill do you see as being the next on the chopping block? I mean, due for a rework.

After seeing smithing, and the need to reheat and fold, and refold weapons. My guess is cooking is too simple, and will follow smithing in making it more complex. Adjusting the heat of the flames, selecting the correct cookware, seasoning, etc.

So which skill(s) should we be working on 200m, before Jagex ruins it?

17-Jan-2019 17:16:31

Chee
Jul Member 2016

Chee

Posts: 1,946 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
M&S rework is great

could you not find something legitimate to complain about?
@Chee__RS
Maxed
Ironwoman
Completionist
Q
ue
st Mas
te
r

Max: 28 Jan 2018 | MQC: 9 Aug 2019 | Comp: 18 Oct 2019

17-Jan-2019 20:58:33

Santah Khan
Jul Member 2004

Santah Khan

Did you see what the MSR did to the D&D falling stars?

Did you see what the MSR did to Ithell VOS?

Perhaps you didn't see the ruination of the Star Sprite mining bonus.

Or the complete garbage results when taking a sip from a Perfect JuJu Mining potion.

So after the ruination of mining and smithing, what's next? The only thing that the MSR did, was create a template for future skills that currently have a Make-X, Make-All, option, and rework it, so we can make one at a time, and slow the skill down. After all, who needs 28 cooked rocktails anyway.

17-Jan-2019 22:46:40 - Last edited on 17-Jan-2019 22:59:13 by Santah Khan

Santah Khan
Jul Member 2004

Santah Khan

Oh and of course, the best idea for future updates, as the MSR has completed. Let's go through and remove all cooked food, that has any value, and replace it with protean shakes, that people can trade for other useless items.

Instead of having monsters drop food, we can have them drop food-salvage, or a food-spirit. Another useless item. The food spirit can give an extra new food item, but only if you go create the dish at the reworked stove. Don't even think you can just go make new food, first you'll have to figure out how to create cooking utensils.

Wait till Jagex turns their sights on ___ skill.

17-Jan-2019 22:57:06

Loki
Sep Member 2011

Loki

Posts: 65,226 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bobhaz said :
maybe woodcutting and fletching? seems a little odd now that you need 61 fletch just to make a rune cbow
I hope fletching is made better. It's so shit to train, and my one of my last 3 skills needed for 120 all... :@
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

18-Jan-2019 08:38:28

Pyrnassius
Mar Member 2011

Pyrnassius

Posts: 228 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The best update since EoC and you say its ruined the skill? Have you actually tied it? It is absolutely awesome. My update of the decade. They actually made smithing fun. If you don't like it, please go to OSRS and join the other whingers who want to stay in the dark ages and are scared of any progress.

18-Jan-2019 13:58:18

Santah Khan
Jul Member 2004

Santah Khan

If they had rolled back my character as I was in 2007, I'd be playing that. But I saw zero reasons to start over in the game.

Yes, I've tried mining, still incredibly boring. Yes, I've dabbled with smithing, I see no reason for the change. Gee, it's fun? What makes it fun? we get to make one at a time? it takes forever to make an inventory full.

Does anyone remember, when we went to a forge with an ore. The forge "knew" what ore we had, and set it up to smelt what we were carrying. This update, has gone back in time. I go up with one gold ore, for my JOT, and what is the default? Rune Bar. Really, this is as smart as the skill has become?

18-Jan-2019 23:32:29

Quick find code: 259-260-994-66076637 Back to Top