Forums

Morvran's Prefer/Block

Quick find code: 259-260-897-65487603

Lifer
Jul Member 2008

Lifer

Posts: 12,424 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Updated thread finally now that I had some data myself.

Either you can read my OP or view the spreadsheet here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rKJz1E_CFM_Z6jtUWWfqF8KE_1XvJeLjy-fuepUrL1Q/edit?usp=sharing

Feedback and accuracy tweaks are welcome.

26-May-2015 06:30:19

Endeavour
Feb Member 2015

Endeavour

Posts: 4,593 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You're a hero. It seems the bottom half of the spreadsheet isn't updated with the XP/hour figures, but I think the majority of that isn't worth slaying anyways (lolvyrewatch).

What I still don't quite understand is why you'd block tasks like elves though, or not unlock glacors. Sure, the overall XP/hour isn't as great, but with the Slayer XP/hour of elves or the combat XP/hour of glacors being so good, couldn't you make up for it by training the leftover combat skills later? If you get (as close to as possible) 200M Attack, Strength, Ranged and Magic with 200M Slayer, and leave Defence alone until the end, you could do stuff like Fight Cauldron for 600K Defence XP/hour, wouldn't that end up being a decent option too?
Signatures are overrated.

26-May-2015 07:32:24

Lifer
Jul Member 2008

Lifer

Posts: 12,424 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'll have to be quick with this for now:

I believe it'd be more efficient to finish up attack, strength, and defense (you won't finish defense) via slayer, then finish up range, magic, defense @ abyss since it is 700k+ exp p/h.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6mNwr_5s-E

Or if you were to go for insane final boss, you will have a lot of room to work with range and magic.

There's a saying: 1b combat exp is more than enough for 200m slayer :p So focusing on slayer exp isn't such a huge deal.

26-May-2015 07:41:27 - Last edited on 26-May-2015 07:46:11 by Lifer

Damiless

Damiless

Posts: 1,011 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Since you seem to be focussing on Melee slayer xp/hr, would it be worth it to prefer Muspahs aswell since they seem to be great slayer xp and not hard to reach at all? I'm basically looking at the best slayer xp/hour and not the most efficient melee slayer xp/hour. hi

27-May-2015 16:26:34 - Last edited on 27-May-2015 16:26:59 by Damiless

Yewnock
Feb Member 2021

Yewnock

Posts: 1,216 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lifer said :
Updated thread finally now that I had some data myself.

Either you can read my OP or view the spreadsheet here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rKJz1E_CFM_Z6jtUWWfqF8KE_1XvJeLjy-fuepUrL1Q/edit?usp=sharing

Feedback and accuracy tweaks are welcome.

Aaaah you beat me to it, I am working on a similar spreadsheet atm too ;) , but good job :) . However, and this something that I was going to bring up when my sheet was done - and that I've mentioned on random posts around, is that effigies from gwd tasks (arma/zammy) really influence the overall efficiency of the task. Both are really worth doing (I've been wanting to finish my testing so I can bring more precise data, but special weekends and real life have kept me busy lately :( ). I'll make more comments when I'm less busy. Very well done on the sheet anyway!

27-May-2015 22:36:03 - Last edited on 27-May-2015 22:39:39 by Yewnock

Endeavour
Feb Member 2015

Endeavour

Posts: 4,593 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Overall efficiency also depends on other things to be honest. If you can't make that much money, a task of Aviansie/Greater Demons at GWD becomes a lot more attractive than when you can make a large amount of money per hour consistently. Also, if you're aiming for (insane) Final boss, tasks like Black Dragons and Kalphite suddenly become great for pet hunting while also getting Slayer XP and the boost from the Slayer helm. It's almost, if not completely, impossible to make one spreadsheet with "ultimate" efficiency.
And of course, if you want to make money with Slayer, there are tasks which make a nice chunk of money (Black Dragon task at QBD) and are possibly worth doing then, while purely for the XP they'd be terrible.
Signatures are overrated.

27-May-2015 22:52:16

Quick find code: 259-260-897-65487603 Back to Top