Forums

Why do you still play RS?

Quick find code: 259-260-892-66140032

JoeFriday
Aug Member 2009

JoeFriday

Posts: 4,560 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I play on and off. I came back to get 120 farming again after the update and to make money doing something afk. It turns out farming is pretty profitable to a skiller now so i quite enjoy it. I'll likely lay off rs after 120 farm again and take a backseat to the game unless a new skill is hinted to be released soon ( which there is ) or something else, otherwise i have no real interest in playing at 5.4b xp. I'm a skiller so there's limited stuff that i can do, or want to do.

08-Feb-2020 00:03:52

Grumpily
Mar Member 2023

Grumpily

Posts: 2,891 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nostalgia i guess. When os came out, i started to afk this hard and focused on the other game. Maxed there and did bossing but now im bored af, kinda like what i felt when i first maxed almost a decade ago now. I did not see the point of going for xp past 99 on os when i could do it on rs3 so here i am

10-Feb-2020 14:57:19

Trevopada
Jan Member 2005

Trevopada

Posts: 17,686 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've been playing since 2003 and the main reason is just the RS universe as a whole. I love the storyline, the community & all the memories I have growing up with this game.

While I am critical of Jagex and always will be when I feel decisions they make impact the sustainability of this game long term, I'll probably be here until the end, in some capacity at least.

I have started playing OSRS a bit; very casually but its nice to go back to the 2007 days as well. However modern-ish graphics and gameplay is important to me so it would be hard for me to make that game my primary go to.
Trevopada | |
Forum Help
|
Questcape Hall of Fame

14-Feb-2020 18:19:15

Desupty RS

Desupty RS

Posts: 9,342 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's just a fun idle game at this point. I like to log on the phone app whilst I'm stuck in god awful Bangkok traffic which can sometimes take two hours. I also try to get a few hours in during a movie night or when I'm doing any computer related work at home.

I quit this game a few years ago because I noticed that I wasn't able to compete anymore as life got a lot busier for me (and I hated how running 3 alts to farm gold was almost a necessity). Now, everything is so damn fast and with the game being accessible from my phone and also having too much money which I can just spend on bonds and sell for rsgp... it's fun to be playing again. I haven't played much since I got back since last week but it's amazing how I still managed to do several million smithing and thieving experience pretty much lossless.

As long as I don't consider myself competing with others or put any deadlines on when I should finish my goals, I can actually enjoy the game again for what it is and don't feel pressured.

I wake up, do a farm run, take a shower, head off to a 14 hour work day, afk some stuff whilst in traffic, come home, do another farm run, sleep. If I run out of money, I buy bonds.

There's still many things I don't like about the game but I just chose to ignore it. I don't like the idea of doing dailies to be the most efficient. So I don't bother. Forcing yourself to do god awful caches twice a day for three years straight to get 200m Divination most efficiently just sounds retarded to me now. I don't enjoy it. So I don't do it. Warbands can also fuck off. Clans can fuck off. Running alts for money making can fuck off. I just stick to what I like.

23-Feb-2020 19:07:23

Quick find code: 259-260-892-66140032 Back to Top