Forums

Why do you still play RS?

Quick find code: 259-260-892-66140032

DickHardigan
Oct Member 2022

DickHardigan

Posts: 1,194 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello everyone! A little back story about myself. My names SoCalldHero. I've played RS since 2005. I achieved Max cape and Completionist cape during my time on RS3. Around 2015 I felt like I had nothing else to do on RS3. I've completed all the levels. I had all the armor and money you could want on the game. I decided to finally hang it up back in 2015 and never looked back. Last month I decided to come back to RS and make a pure account on OSRS and I actually got that fire and enjoyment again that I once had way back when I was achieving my goals in RS3. I have been continuously playing on OSRS for a little over a month now. I came back to the HLF to spark up a conversation about why do you play OSRS or RS3 still? What kept you going all these years? Hopefully we get some responses, I noticed the HLF aren't that popular anymore like the old days. Thank you!

23-Jan-2020 10:19:41

Sal VJ
Dec Member 2023

Sal VJ

Posts: 21,325 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've also played RS since 2005.

Apart from a few breaks from the game, what really brings me back every time is probably because of just how bloody well designed the Skinner box of a game this really is.

MTX is just an obnoxious add-on but its charm, if I may call it that, lies in just how every drop, be it from skilling or, for the most part, PvM then it's always that elusive jackpot that keeps me here. This is especially true for doing clue scrolls. It's always the same damn locations and steps you have to do, but that jackpot when opening the TT chest is where it's at.

They should introduce more gambling-like gameplay features like this. Keep us fools hooked for another 15 years.
Never drop a valuable item.

Ikki blaka niður virðismikil ting.

24-Jan-2020 14:39:18

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,453 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Telos keeps me playing pretty much. Solo bosses keep me engaged and Telos is the best one this game has ever had so far. I'm not sure if Jagex will be able to beat this boss when they next design an end-game solo boss, but I really hope they do. If more solo bosses like Telos come, I'll be playing for a long time. .

25-Jan-2020 18:30:42

Chee
Jul Member 2016

Chee

Posts: 1,946 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I play because there's OSRS; RS3 has turned into a dumpster fire. I might take a look at Archaeology once it comes out but I can't imagine I'll want to 'train' it to 120, and seeing as it's just key bait anyway, I doubt anyone will want to train it to 120. Farming and Herblore going to 120 was a real punch in the face though, and if I hadn't already been quitting RS3 for OSRS for a multitude of other reasons, that update would have been the number one reason. @Chee__RS
Maxed
Ironwoman
Completionist
Q
ue
st Mas
te
r

Max: 28 Jan 2018 | MQC: 9 Aug 2019 | Comp: 18 Oct 2019

25-Jan-2020 22:03:22

UtaChao

UtaChao

Posts: 1,702 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've barely been playing the game in the last few months. I got the membership deal at christmas because I like being able to hop back on whenever I feel like.

I actually like the sense of achievement I feel from the grind (it's just that I've been working on Damascus on MW and I can't only fathom one grind at a time).

I play Iron because it's unaffected by MTX and many of the features the normalscapers have. I am not plagued by trying to afford rares or whether my maxed skill was bought or not. I enjoy the genuine sense of achievement I get from a challenge.

I started in 2005 too and over the years (I've been playing over half my life if you can believe that) I've noticed my love of the game ebb and flow continuously. It just so happens that right now I'm on the outs, but I'll be back.
Ironman: Autark

29-Jan-2020 01:38:21

Quick find code: 259-260-892-66140032 Back to Top