Forums

achto armour

Quick find code: 259-260-835-66050598

PhdnAfk
Jan Member 2023

PhdnAfk

Posts: 2,108 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Can we please get achto armour reward only chance after killing bm and yaka without having to wait 48 hours for reset? its stopping me from pushing higher enrage telos and nothing i can do about it Osrs bulk supplier (retired)

05-Oct-2018 12:06:04

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,457 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
PhdnAfk said :
othing i can do about it

Achto isn't mandatory for high enrage Telos unless you're talking about 1k+. Below 1k, it's do-able with augmented Tectonic. Virtus is good to around 550-600% or so.

I don't have a single piece of Achto and eventually hit 999. It's slightly harder but definitely do-able with practice. 1k has been done with Tectonic but looks significantly harder and more annoying.

Doubt they're going to change how you get Achto any time soon, so it's probably in your best interest to push enrage with whatever gear you have right now while you wait to get your Achto pieces.

If you're already at 1k, then I guess you'll have to unfortunately wait. :|

05-Oct-2018 15:17:48 - Last edited on 05-Oct-2018 15:21:04 by Singularity

Subzero

Subzero

Posts: 23,266 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Support the OP. It's common sense that having an Untradeable, Time-gated, RNG-based drop is terrible frustrating and demotivating design. Pick two of the above criteria, never use all three.

It should be obtainable whilst locked-out, but at a rarer rate. This at least allows people to grind for it rather than frustratingly being locked out.
Subzero

Incursione 2100+/130+ Clan, Avatar access for all.

05-Oct-2018 15:48:45

Chee
Jul Member 2016

Chee

Posts: 1,946 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
PhdnAfk said :
Can we please get achto armour reward only chance after killing bm and yaka without having to wait 48 hours for reset? its stopping me from pushing higher enrage telos and nothing i can do about it

Support.

Subzero said :
Support the OP. It's common sense that having an Untradeable, Time-gated, RNG-based drop is terrible frustrating and demotivating design. Pick two of the above criteria, never use all three.

Since we're not going to have a drop table that isn't RNG, that has to be a thing, and Achto really shouldn't be tradable, as the repairable and higher HP aspects make it far superior to regular raids armor and one of the main reasons to do raids in the first place. So that leaves the time-gate for removal, which to be honest, shouldn't even be a thing for non-tradable drops.

• Remove time-gate from Achto
• Remove the ability to alch Achto (but not regular armor pieces) to prevent inflation from time-gate being removed

Achto being untradable and unalchable means that it would have no impact on the economy so there's really no reason to lock people out of it, since that was the main(/only?) concern with balancing the Raids drop table and the main(/only?) reason the lockout was added in the first place.

I don't remember if Tuzzy was removed from lockout, but if he wasn't, he should be as well.

Subzero said :
It should be obtainable whilst locked-out, but at a rarer rate. This at least allows people to grind for it rather than frustratingly being locked out.

I don't think the rate needs to be rarer, it's fine as is.
@Chee__RS
Maxed
Ironwoman
Completionist
Q
ue
st Mas
te
r

Max: 28 Jan 2018 | MQC: 9 Aug 2019 | Comp: 18 Oct 2019

05-Oct-2018 16:02:08 - Last edited on 05-Oct-2018 16:05:16 by Chee

Chee
Jul Member 2016

Chee

Posts: 1,946 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lyrielle said :
You can buy degradable armour from the shop and use it until you get achto. It also gives defensive resets.

I assume they're spending long stretches of time at Telos, so they will eventually reach a point where the Teci they get from raids doesn't cover the cost of the non-achto pieces, since those degrade to dust.

Also they might need the HP bonus for some reason (I have no idea what high-enrage Telos can do as far as damage) for Blood Barrage(?)
@Chee__RS
Maxed
Ironwoman
Completionist
Q
ue
st Mas
te
r

Max: 28 Jan 2018 | MQC: 9 Aug 2019 | Comp: 18 Oct 2019

05-Oct-2018 16:06:53

Subzero

Subzero

Singularity said :
If only it were tradeable :(

Lone wolves like me would then be able to get Achto haha.

The reward design for the Liberation of Mazcab really puzzles me. In the pre-release Jagex stated that the inferior armour would be tradeable (which it still should be.)

With this in mind, I expected players to have to purchase an Achto upgrade using their tokens; which would make untradeable, time-gated, but non RNG. You'd succeed with my "use 2, not all 3" rule, and the armour would still be something you'd earn over time without any frustration/dry streaks.
Subzero

05-Oct-2018 18:02:57

Subzero

Subzero

Lyrielle said :
You can buy degradable armour from the shop and use it until you get achto. It also gives defensive resets.

Achto causes Shields to give a damage bonus, as well as having notably higher armour and life points bonuses. Additionally, Achto armour can be augmented whereas the inferior cannot.
Subzero

05-Oct-2018 18:04:10

UrekMazino
Aug Member 2023

UrekMazino

Posts: 7,214 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Chee said :
I assume they're spending long stretches of time at Telos, so they will eventually reach a point where the Teci they get from raids doesn't cover the cost of the non-achto pieces, since those degrade to dust.

Also they might need the HP bonus for some reason (I have no idea what high-enrage Telos can do as far as damage) for Blood Barrage(?)

Subzero said :
Achto causes Shields to give a damage bonus, as well as having notably higher armour and life points bonuses. Additionally, Achto armour can be augmented whereas the inferior cannot.

You guys didn't mention the worst part, which is inferior armour aren't augmentable.
°l||l° Modest Skillers T7 Citadel | Skilling clan recruiting players. °l||l°
•ï¡÷¡ï• Cwar United for CW games/Ardy task/Trim req. •ï¡÷¡ï•
120 Summoning Familiar ideas .

05-Oct-2018 23:18:21

Quick find code: 259-260-835-66050598 Back to Top