Forums

The death of Guthix. Reasoning

Quick find code: 259-260-821-65495263

Tali Zorah
Sep Member 2020

Tali Zorah

Posts: 10,853 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mossy Kossy said :
I envy the time of the ages before the 5th..

They probable had a hlf with no trolls :)

I am unsure as to whether this is directed at me or not, I'm one of the least trollish and most helpful people here. o.O

TDX said :
Bobhaz said :
to those who say tldr fuck you read it L it is 2 or 3 mins max

^
10/10 would read again.

I am glad you are not blinded fellow fighter. Together we shall take the fight to evil!
I've lost my arrow. Have you seen it? It's been on my mind a lot lately...

10-Oct-2014 11:22:43 - Last edited on 10-Oct-2014 11:23:06 by Tali Zorah

Lathow
Oct Member 2005

Lathow

Posts: 20,529 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My theory is that he was killed to allow the game's lore to grow. Lore was meant to be one of the important things about rs3, with world events and all these cool stuff.

Before his death there were no gods, and besides the 3 or 4 incomplete quest storylines (more like 50 but yeah) there was little room to create new stories. With gods present a larger variety of stories may be created. It just adds a new dimension in the lore and increases its complexity.

In the end of diablo 2 a similar event happened, the worldstone was shattered and as a result demons and angels can now manifest in the world. Diablo 3 was not that amazing despite that though lol.

When creating games, you can often add a weird restriction to prevent your work from being chaotic, and that can be justified through lore, either straight away or later on. When needed in the future, that restriction may be removed and the appropriate lore will explain what happened.
Hi

23-Oct-2014 16:09:40

Mossy Kossy

Mossy Kossy

Posts: 7,453 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tali Zorah said :
Mossy Kossy said :
I envy the time of the ages before the 5th..

They probable had a hlf with no trolls :)

I am unsure as to whether this is directed at me or not, I'm one of the least trollish and most helpful people here. o.O

TDX said :
Bobhaz said :
to those who say tldr fuck you read it L it is 2 or 3 mins max

^
10/10 would read again.

I am glad you are not blinded fellow fighter. Together we shall take the fight to evil!

No that wasn't aimed at you ;o
An Approved Community Project: Molior RS

13-Nov-2014 16:48:03

Quick find code: 259-260-821-65495263 Back to Top