Forums

120 Max Cape

Quick find code: 259-260-791-66263979

Rikornak
Oct Member 2013

Rikornak

Posts: 9,163 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Of course - let's force players to grind out levels they're not yet intended to reach. Virtual levels are not supposed to provide any benefit. As easy as that. The incapability to understand the concept of virtual levels by quite a few players (not just by asking for additional perks for virtual master capes, but also stuff like 'Why can't I open that door in Daemonheim, I'm 120 cooking?!') is literally the reason why they shouldn't exist at all and the capes based on this system not at this time.

I am all for beefing up the cape as soon as every skill in the game is a real 120 skill - since it then would be some actual milestone, with methods actually intended to reach it - but not a single second before that.
Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2
Quick Fixes: Invention

08-Oct-2022 07:19:56 - Last edited on 08-Oct-2022 07:31:23 by Rikornak

Rikornak
Oct Member 2013

Rikornak

Comp and trimmed comp also do not provide any benefits over max - so what? I mean you unlock a bit more of stuff, while progressing towards them, but purely the capes are exactly the same - and even worse, since they're more expensive to reclaim if you die. And that's a bit more, than just repeating whatever you already did 20 times over. Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2

11-Oct-2022 05:07:49

CaptKoloth
Feb Member 2008

CaptKoloth

Posts: 10,673 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Its just cosmetic anyways. I remember the days when maxed out players didn't need capes to show off they got 99s, 120s, 200mil. In fact I remember the days when hardly anybody had all 99s.

11-Oct-2022 15:34:37 - Last edited on 11-Oct-2022 15:37:42 by CaptKoloth

Santah Khan
Jul Member 2004

Santah Khan

Posts: 2,858 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
There is /was only one cape that I wanted when I started. Legends. So that is what I wear, or at least what is visible (keepsaked).

I just found it kinda funny, reading Jagex's write-up of how good it feels to get that first 120. All those hours training, now imagine all 120s... and viola, a cape to show off.

It isn't for me, I've a long way to go for all 120s. My plan is all (but firemaking) will be 200m, before fm is even 50m.

12-Oct-2022 23:19:39

Santah Khan
Jul Member 2004

Santah Khan

Posts: 2,858 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sure hope someone made a complaint about comp cape. It doesn't have to be anything outstanding, but it could be simple things.

Additional free teleport spots, when wearing the cape. Or maybe a fourth 99 cape.

Whomever decides the hierarchy of capes. can arrange the capes, and this cape has all the benefits of those before it, plus this new one: _____

12-Oct-2022 23:24:14

Rikornak
Oct Member 2013

Rikornak

Thing is - skilling capes are just an achievement, that you were able to repeat a certain action a certain amount of times - 120s and 200m do not get more complex, they just take even longer. Some players see acknowledgment in it, others don't - most will be somewhere in between. Of course they were more prestigous, when the skills were crappier than today, but this is why players shouldn't be forced to it, until they're actually ready for (being 120s with proper methods).

But seeing comp nowadays - that's just intentional - players hated it to lose everything attached to it when something new is released, so the benefits are unlocked in smaller increments - that basically still means, that somebody who is able to wear the comp cape still has higher stats, more teleports and more passive effects - they're just not forced to actually wear (or only maintain those smaller increments - i.e. you need to beat a new boss, if your want you increased stats) it - just like nobody is forced to wear a max cape anymore in order to use the skill cape perks attached to it - you just need one to set and adjust them - albeit you lose the perks when a new skill is released, until that one is maxed as well. Next week we'll get another green teleport - learning it is required for you to be able to wear your comp. And yeah - I certainly have seen more angry players about that old behaviour, than this one.

I mean they literally could have gone the OS route and stripped this thing of all relevant stats - but hey, you've got all skillcape perks at once. But to be honest - I like my max cape in RS3 (and it's really good for what it is), but as it only is the penultimate hybrid cape, it gives enough incentive to go for the tzekhaar ones eventually - and maybe one day, we can progress up even further for that matter... and if it's just master max, when all 120s actually have become a thing - of course that one shouldn't be better than the tzekhaar ones, just better than regular max.
Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2

13-Oct-2022 06:32:40 - Last edited on 13-Oct-2022 06:41:56 by Rikornak

Quick find code: 259-260-791-66263979 Back to Top