Forums

"Block / Ignore" forum button

Quick find code: 259-260-749-66101971

Thunder Jinx
Feb Member 2010

Thunder Jinx

Posts: 15,906 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Support for an ignore button so people's posts become invisible to oneself.

No support for blocking people from posting on your thread however. That should be left in the hands of the moderating team if they find said person doing nothing but spamming/derailing/flaming the thread.
Darkness rises when silence dies.

27-May-2019 15:24:33

Wolfblue42

Wolfblue42

Posts: 3,962 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A vanilla block to hide people from your view only would be nice. Would end drama like ingame, don't want to see them ignore em.

Preventing people from actually posting in threads would be so abused, so hell no to that aspect. Some people would have the whole forums prevented from posting before long.

28-May-2019 21:06:35

Tranq
Nov
fmod Member

Tranq

Forum Moderator Posts: 61,815 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Chee has me curious to what colours they employ for the f-mod and j-mod posts.
When the day becomes the night and the sky becomes the sea, when the clock strikes heavy and there’s no time for tea; and in our darkest hour, before my final rhyme, she will come back home to Wonderland and turn back the hands of time.

06-Jun-2019 19:19:39

Tranq
Nov
fmod Member

Tranq

Forum Moderator Posts: 61,815 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Chee said :
depends on whether or not I dislike them :)

Guess I'm on the nice list as you could read my post...
When the day becomes the night and the sky becomes the sea, when the clock strikes heavy and there’s no time for tea; and in our darkest hour, before my final rhyme, she will come back home to Wonderland and turn back the hands of time.

07-Jun-2019 12:01:44

Chee
Jul Member 2016

Chee

Posts: 1,946 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tranq said :
Chee said :
depends on whether or not I dislike them :)

Guess I'm on the nice list as you could read my post...

I'd probably call it the 'not a terrible horrible awful person' list, not the 'nice list'

I also clear it out every so often
@Chee__RS
Maxed
Ironwoman
Completionist
Q
ue
st Mas
te
r

Max: 28 Jan 2018 | MQC: 9 Aug 2019 | Comp: 18 Oct 2019

07-Jun-2019 19:11:11

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 39,133 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Chee said :
to answer your question though, you can kinda do it with Linkify - it's safe to use

once you get the extension, just right-click on the chain link and click 'options', '

then 'colors'

and change the background color to white (I think the actual text is something slightly off-white, but idk the exact color)

and if you get curious, you can just highlight their text:

there are two downsides though, if the person you've blocked knows you have blocked them they can just color their text to get around it, so it's probably best to not let people know if you have blocked them - the other downside is just the simple temptation of curiosity lol

i would always highlight it hahaha. as im curious

but this 100% needs to happen
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19
1.2Billion overall Slayer xp / Ultimate slayer title

OSRS 2277/2277 Untrim slayer cape
Hail Satan, He loves for who you are.

13-Jun-2019 19:17:34

UrekMazino
Aug Member 2023

UrekMazino

Posts: 7,214 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Vaseth said :
im sure all the trolls would love a feature that stops the people who call out there trolling from doing so on their threads

as such, no support

Not needed, fmods will hide posts calling them out instantly because its off topic.
°l||l° Modest Skillers T7 Citadel | Skilling clan recruiting players. °l||l°
•ï¡÷¡ï• Cwar United for CW games/Ardy task/Trim req. •ï¡÷¡ï•
120 Summoning Familiar ideas .

15-Jun-2019 13:54:35

Quick find code: 259-260-749-66101971 Back to Top