Forums

Died and Lost Everything

Quick find code: 259-260-721-65950221

Sea King
Oct Member 2019

Sea King

Posts: 7,492 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I was doing some "relaxed" slaying at adamant dragons and then I found myself dead.

Since addy dragons don't hurt that much, I ran back to reclaim from gravestone.

Except...

I got killed again (because the accidentally opened minigames tab wouldn't close during combat regardless if I press escape key or X button.)

Instead of my items from the previous death appearing on the floor, they were just gone!!!

I had golden sara warpriest, lotd, max cape, dual t85s melee, elf quiver 4...

Are they lost forever!?!?!?!?!?

I have honestly never heard anyone losing their stuff this way so I thought I was safe
If you are willing to chuck your most precious possessions like phats because someone said words like crashing/dying/quitting and then find yourself unable to rebuy for what you sold for, then you don't deserve to own a phat.

17-Sep-2017 17:02:43 - Last edited on 17-Sep-2017 18:53:13 by Sea King

Sea King
Oct Member 2019

Sea King

Chee arra said :
You can reclaim your stuff from death instead of running back

And yes, if you die a second time it deletes the stuff from your first gravestone

I thought those tradable items like lotd would show up as items on the ground from 1st death.
If you are willing to chuck your most precious possessions like phats because someone said words like crashing/dying/quitting and then find yourself unable to rebuy for what you sold for, then you don't deserve to own a phat.

17-Sep-2017 17:16:20

Yewnock
Feb Member 2021

Yewnock

Posts: 1,216 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
That's called "double graving", it's been around since graves were introduced in game back in 2007; except now items just disappear and are not dropped. If you think there's a risk of you dying again, you should do as Chee suggested and buy your items back from Death instead of running to your grave.

Personally, I think double graving is far too punishing and should have simply been removed from the game. Maybe make the person pay twice as much for death, but straight losing all items is too much imo.

17-Sep-2017 17:19:05 - Last edited on 17-Sep-2017 17:19:46 by Yewnock

Chee arra
Mar Member 2010

Chee arra

Posts: 10,335 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yewnock said :
Personally, I think double graving is far too punishing and should have simply been removed from the game. Maybe make the person pay twice as much for death, but straight losing all items is too much imo.

I'm not a fan either

I can't imagine dying during a raid or some other dangerous fight only to disconnect after leaving death's office without reclaiming (and I have accidentally left before, there should really be a warning before trying to do so)
Quest Master
| @Chee__RS |
7 kc Chick'Arra

Friends Chat Improvements | 1 Defence Quests and Tasks
Goals

17-Sep-2017 17:25:53

Sea King
Oct Member 2019

Sea King

Yewnock said :
That's called "double graving", it's been around since graves were introduced in game back in 2007; except now items just disappear and are not dropped. If you think there's a risk of you dying again, you should do as Chee suggested and buy your items back from Death instead of running to your grave.

Thanks. But I swore that before when it happened, I was able to pick up at least the tradable items off the ground. Like I remember getting my barrows gear as broken.

17-Sep-2017 17:56:58

Sea King
Oct Member 2019

Sea King

Now I have just sara golden warpriest helm and cape left....wtf do I do with them... If you are willing to chuck your most precious possessions like phats because someone said words like crashing/dying/quitting and then find yourself unable to rebuy for what you sold for, then you don't deserve to own a phat.

17-Sep-2017 17:57:31

Sea King
Oct Member 2019

Sea King

see "double grave glitch?" reddit thread that says the items are dropped instead of being deleted....

wiki doesnt even talk about the topic

17-Sep-2017 18:07:31

Sea King
Oct Member 2019

Sea King

only way it happened was because there was this problem with the interface: if you accidentally click the minigames tab, you can't exit it by pressing escape key or the X button when in combat. so my view was blocked entirely -> died If you are willing to chuck your most precious possessions like phats because someone said words like crashing/dying/quitting and then find yourself unable to rebuy for what you sold for, then you don't deserve to own a phat.

17-Sep-2017 18:32:15 - Last edited on 17-Sep-2017 18:42:50 by Sea King

Chee arra
Mar Member 2010

Chee arra

Posts: 10,335 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sea King said :
[...]
Thanks. But I swore that before when it happened, I was able to pick up at least the tradable items off the ground. Like I remember getting my barrows gear as broken.

You used to be able to but they would drop for everyone. Now they don't drop for anyone so they just get removed from the game.
Quest Master
| @Chee__RS |
7 kc Chick'Arra

Friends Chat Improvements | 1 Defence Quests and Tasks
Goals

17-Sep-2017 19:04:57

Quick find code: 259-260-721-65950221 Back to Top