Forums

Died and Lost Everything

Quick find code: 259-260-721-65950221

Scouse
Feb Member 2018

Scouse

Posts: 29,018 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sea King said :
see "double grave glitch?" reddit thread that says the items are dropped instead of being deleted....

wiki doesnt even talk about the topic

The items appearing on the floor after a double death is correct, it's happened to me at nex a few years ago but luckily my friends picked up my undegradable items for me and i only ended up losing a torva helm.

This was before the death interface though, i would imagine nothing would have changed.

I only died the 2nd time because i forgot to wear the full set to bypass the kc and never brought a teleport lol
[qfc id=]whatever[/qfc]
#JFT96
August 15th 2017, the day Jagex freed me
Liverpool is love, Liverpool is life

17-Sep-2017 21:06:59 - Last edited on 17-Sep-2017 21:08:01 by Scouse

Mark Antony
Nov Member 2023

Mark Antony

Posts: 3,244 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
HAHAHA WHY DID YO EVEN RUN BACK TO YOUR GRAVE JUST PAY DEATH, YOU DESERVE TO LOSE YOUR SHIT.

Yes, items are now deleted because they go to death, not your grave. You could have stopped this by simply not having 3 items on you when you died a second time, or paying death.

18-Sep-2017 07:41:27 - Last edited on 18-Sep-2017 07:44:15 by Mark Antony

Darth Novi
Aug Member 2019

Darth Novi

Posts: 9,741 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
When this changed I practiced dying with like 1/2 an inventory of dumb things. A mix of cheap tradables and easy-to-replace nontradables. I think I threw in 1 degradable as well.

I did one successful gravestone run but some of the items weren't there.

Next time you're geared-up punch the "what if I die" button and you might be surprised to see what's kept.

18-Sep-2017 13:14:33

Baze
Jan Member 2011

Baze

Posts: 2,335 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Don't take this the wrong way but you're a wealthy player, based on your profile you own multiple discontinued items, why would you not pay death? Also why are you using T85s when you have plenty of gold to purchase T90s or T92s?

I'm gonna have to agree with this:

Mark Antony said :
HAHAHA WHY DID YO EVEN RUN BACK TO YOUR GRAVE JUST PAY DEATH, YOU DESERVE TO LOSE YOUR SHIT.
Professional PvM Services

Fastest Dungeoneering XP in the game - Click Here

18-Sep-2017 13:20:52

Vaseth

Vaseth

Posts: 11,958 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Chee arra said :
Yewnock said :
Personally, I think double graving is far too punishing and should have simply been removed from the game. Maybe make the person pay twice as much for death, but straight losing all items is too much imo.

I'm not a fan either

I can't imagine dying during a raid or some other dangerous fight only to disconnect after leaving death's office without reclaiming (and I have accidentally left before, there should really be a warning before trying to do so)

this dosnt lose your items

if u simply leave deaths office, and dont make it back to the grave for w/e reason, you still have 24 hours to reclaim the items from death i believe (have D/C died many times to get back into deaths office with the 24 hours timer running already)

you may as well just suck up the loss each time and pay death for your stuff back

18-Sep-2017 14:18:15

Quick find code: 259-260-721-65950221 Back to Top