Forums

comp req suggestion-group boss

Quick find code: 259-260-693-66016468

Weekend fun
Jul Member 2009

Weekend fun

Posts: 1,073 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I personally think all group bosses should be moved to trimmed req, so you can get normal Comp without relying on others.
regular comp should still have the req to kill solo bosses (telos as my example). over all normal comp should be based on what you do as a solo player, where trim is the above and beyond cape.
¤.¸.
¤°´`°¤
.¸.¤°´`°¤.
¸„‹•*°ˆ°*•›
weekend_fun
‹•*°ˆ°*•›„¸
.¤°´`°¤.¸.
¤°´`°¤
.¸.¤

01-Jun-2018 01:02:19

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,453 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This idea https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/8nm5dv/reaper_cape_a_new_bis_cape_and_a_reaper_req/ was recently posted on Reddit. Pretty cool concept if you ask me. It could work and seems to be one that would satisfy most people.

Splitting solo and group bosses seems to be the biggest suggestion though.

01-Jun-2018 02:10:20 - Last edited on 01-Jun-2018 02:11:26 by Singularity

Tom Grey

Tom Grey

Posts: 7,213 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Singularity said :
This idea https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/8nm5dv/reaper_cape_a_new_bis_cape_and_a_reaper_req/ was recently posted on Reddit. Pretty cool concept if you ask me. It could work and seems to be one that would satisfy most people.

That suggestion is too raw to be honest. What is suggested on reddit is just creating a comp cape with reaper and comp cape without reaper. Doesn't solve anybody's problem. Actually creates more problems, with players achieving best in slot cape from PVM alone and all benefits, making comp completely useless if you ask me.

I liked the suggestion of a reaper cape separate from comp completely. It only gives extra stats. When obtained, it is combined with comp to make it truly BIS.

Splitting solo and group is the easiest, and most elegant solution in my opinion thought.

01-Jun-2018 05:05:59 - Last edited on 01-Jun-2018 05:09:19 by Tom Grey

Salve eel
May Member 2019

Salve eel

Posts: 5,007 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
In my opinion comp and trim should both never have been BIS cape. It basicly killed a need to ever make new capes or that new capes when they come out are dead content on release for example the souls capes from Hardmode Nomad. You never see people wearing those anymore and since that update they haven't really released any new capes outside of TH or Solomans.

I think there should just be one cape for completion of the game and it should be cosmetic and include a bit more than the trim comp does now. such as IFB, 120 all skills, MOA and the 5k castle wars games req should be re-added.

Highly doubt they will ever do this but yea the current system doesn't really follow any logic that I know of.

01-Jun-2018 05:54:05

My Morning

My Morning

Posts: 638 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Support, However to obtain comp make it something like you have to kill the solo bosses at a certain enrage.

Example kill Spider at 300 or telos at 150 idk? has to be some form of challenge in there as 0% is a walk in a park in my opinion :)
Wanna build a snowman?

01-Jun-2018 07:11:37

Loki
Sep Member 2011

Loki

Posts: 65,226 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tom Grey said :
Singularity said :

That suggestion is too raw to be honest. What is suggested on reddit is just creating a comp cape with reaper and comp cape without reaper. Doesn't solve anybody's problem. Actually creates more problems, with players achieving best in slot cape from PVM alone and all benefits, making comp completely useless if you ask me.

I liked the suggestion of a reaper cape separate from comp completely. It only gives extra stats. When obtained, it is combined with comp to make it truly BIS.

Splitting solo and group is the easiest, and most elegant solution in my opinion thought.
Having this as a BIS item will just please all the PvMers who complain about doing the skilling part of comp cape? And keeping solo bosses on comp isn't really any improvement. Those that hate PvM hate ALL PvM, not just group bosses. If anything, the people who hate PvM prefer group bosses because they can pay for leeches?
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

01-Jun-2018 14:39:20

Loki
Sep Member 2011

Loki

Posts: 65,226 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My Morning said :
Support, However to obtain comp make it something like you have to kill the solo bosses at a certain enrage.

Example kill Spider at 300 or telos at 150 idk? has to be some form of challenge in there as 0% is a walk in a park in my opinion :)
No thanks. While I've never bought any leeches for bosses, and never will, I'd still rather have team bosses apart of reaper/comp. I dislike solo bosses so much, and I don't exactly have an edate to do solo bosses for me like 99% of the community does.

There's no point in having the cape if you can't even do the achievements yourself anyway... no sense of accomplishment in that, so having an edate doing the solo bosses will never happen either.
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

01-Jun-2018 14:41:44

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,453 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Loki said :
Those that hate PvM hate ALL PvM, not just group bosses. If anything, the people who hate PvM prefer group bosses because they can pay for leeches?

While true, the biggest issue for a lot of people seems to be the teaming aspect. They want to interact with the boss and have a go at it, but because they lack the people to go with, they can't and miss out. They then have to wait for people to find a way to sell leeches to them if they're just looking for one kill to tick off a requirement. Leeching sells because of this - teaming up can be a lot more hassle than doing the bosses themselves.

If Solak offered solo mode as an option, you would not be seeing as many complaints about comp as you are now.

The best compromise is changing regular cape to only require solo bosses and simply moving group to trim (still requires solo as well obviously). This way the cape still requires you to prove your ability to kill a boss, you just don't need to depend on others to do it, which is the biggest issue right now.

The only requirement that makes sense to put in to regular comp if they do this is 100% Telos. 100% is when you unlock the full Telos fight, so it would make sense to include that into the regular version if it became all about a cape to prove your worth at solo encounters.

It's definitely the easiest solution to the current problem. A full removal of all bosses on regular comp seems very unlikely to happen. Some form of compromise would need to be agreed upon.

01-Jun-2018 16:55:32 - Last edited on 01-Jun-2018 16:56:41 by Singularity

Quick find code: 259-260-693-66016468 Back to Top