Farmer Twunk

Posts: 7,204 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lions RAWR said :
Archaeox said :
Bobhaz said :
surely its nice to know that the game isn't gonna shut down any time soon

^
This.

Whatever peoples' opinions on MTX, monetization and membership rates, the facts that the company is still regularly increasing its profits and growing its staff shows that the game is not 'dying', and is not going to close down any time soon.

I'm sure people thought that Transformer Universe was going to be fine ( cause Jagex was still making money) and that was scrapped. Stallar Dawn was also during a time when Jagex was doing well and that was scrapped too.

Just because Jagex is making money does not mean they won't shut down a game ;) People seem to forget that little bit of information.

Also: People forget that Jagex is making an New MMO and would need staff to fill those roles. Staff increase could also mean some other business ventures they are pursuing (its actually stated in one of those links above).

But sure: Lets assume RS is fine and hope that it continues to be fine.

In the gaming industry it's common for studios to have multiple projects/games with only one or a couple of that actually thrives or does well. For Jagex it's RS.

26-Jun-2019 20:00:48 - Last edited on 26-Jun-2019 20:01:19 by Farmer Twunk

Chee
Jul Member 2016

Chee

Posts: 1,946 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
HyunA said :
Slaps roof of RS3

This bad boy can fit so much MTX in it

Ironman btw

this but un iron ically
@Chee__RS
Maxed
Ironwoman
Completionist
Q
ue
st Mas
te
r

Max: 28 Jan 2018 | MQC: 9 Aug 2019 | Comp: 18 Oct 2019

04-Aug-2019 18:02:06

H Rassy
Sep Member 2023

H Rassy

Posts: 17,469 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
50k osrs vs 12k rs3
The very niche io game that I have been playing for the past 2-3 years has 2-4k people playing at any given time and I doubt anyone on this forum has ever heard of that game.
There is some tresshold nr of players at which meaningful development will stop completely,i don't know how high that number is but maybe its between 5k and 10k players online.

But they still make profit on rs3,i don't see how tbh. Isnt halve the playerbase paying with bonds?
What I don't understand is that jagex seems to be perfectly fine with the situation.

11-Sep-2019 08:01:36

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

Posts: 18,096 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
H Rassy said :
"snip"
But they still make profit on rs3,i don't see how tbh. Isnt halve the playerbase paying with bonds?
What I don't understand is that jagex seems to be perfectly fine with the situation.

Bonds aren't produced out of thin air. Somewhere a player has bought those bonds with real money and put them on the GE. I suspect that this generates more income than basic membership would do due to differences in the cost of a month's membership and the cost of 2 bonds ( 1 bond = 14 days membership ). I haven't looked at how much the bonds cost in real money.

11-Sep-2019 10:11:02

Quick find code: 259-260-635-66104251 Back to Top