Forums

shills for policy change

Quick find code: 259-260-628-66143209

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

Posts: 7,222 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Okay so there was a change of the cost of a sundry instagrowth potion from 400 beans to 1,000 and thats most easily understood as a change in cost from roughly one chin to three chins.

This obviously benefits those players who play multiple dummy accounts to raise chins, and they would in turn be seen as that which is able to vote three times more often than people who need the beans.

I would like to see someone clarify the policy. I already understand that one IP might have a father, mother, and a daughter playing, and sharing farm resources, and thats fine. No problem.

I think there might be a policy forbidding players from running dummy farmer accounts to simply raise more animals... and I know many of the players who will doubtlessly protest with somewhat disingenuine intent... forget that they have already said hi to me from their dummy accounts, so think twice... do I already know you're doing it?

I don't want any players penalized. Not my point. I just want Jagex to audit this change. Did players really ask for it? What was it supposed to balance?
I have quit rsof because moderator found comments about darklight bonus damage on demons "off topic" for wildy flash mobs full of demons

13-Feb-2020 23:12:36

Chee
Jul Member 2016

Chee

Posts: 1,946 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Multiple accounts is fine so long as you aren't rigging a minigame or competition

end of thread
@Chee__RS
Maxed
Ironwoman
Completionist
Q
ue
st Mas
te
r

Max: 28 Jan 2018 | MQC: 9 Aug 2019 | Comp: 18 Oct 2019

15-Feb-2020 03:45:14

Archaeox
Dec Member 2011

Archaeox

Posts: 53,398 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
J R Kerr said :
What was it supposed to balance?

It's almost certainly intended to cut down on people getting massive farming xp by instagrowing high-xp-value trees during bxp week.
~~~~ Just another victim of the ambient morality ~~~~

~~ Founder of the Caped Carousers quest cape clan ~~

!! Slava Ukraini - heroyam slava !!

15-Feb-2020 16:52:31

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

Posts: 7,222 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
no dude thats the leafy. I mean sundry. That was the change. not much xp at all for mushrooms.

I mean... I am stepping on some toes lately, and idk how cause reddit right there, and we can all see it, but I wanna be able to talk with HLF people behind closed doors...

and reddit is all x got fired, y got fired, and I say so... which salts the wound of the one community team guy they got left. I aint publicizin that news if I post in HLF behind a closed door, and I dont mean to make it a big scandalous witchhunt thing at all.

just sayin... if we are encouraged to spend money, run a second or third account to double and triple the number of animals we can sell for beans... they could say in news, or say the opposite, or say in an HLF post to clarify... or deputize one of their title/emolment shill p mods to tell us.

it aint clear what they want.
I have quit rsof because moderator found comments about darklight bonus damage on demons "off topic" for wildy flash mobs full of demons

15-Feb-2020 20:31:23

Sci
Aug Member 2008

Sci

Posts: 612 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
intent was probably to drop the beans to gold conversion rate, why players would want that is beyond me and i dont recall jagex saying it was asked for but perhaps i missed it.

As it was, growing morchella was a bit over 200g/bean not factoring in all the unchecked zygos one gets along with that. now its 85g.
Look in the spoiler.
Why are you taking orders from a signature?

20-Feb-2020 16:54:22 - Last edited on 20-Feb-2020 16:55:18 by Sci

Quick find code: 259-260-628-66143209 Back to Top