Forums

High level pickpocketing tips?

Quick find code: 259-260-577-66013462

4A6F6B6B75

4A6F6B6B75

Posts: 35,046 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tomorrow I will get membership and then it's time to bum Anja! My plan is to see how much gp per hour it is possible to get.

Even though the thieving level requirement is 1, it is still possible to fail at 99 thieving. So, I would appreciate some help in order to maximise the gp gained per hour!

I'm planning to use Trahaearn exoskeleton set, ardougne cape, crystal mask and light form. What other items and which familiar would you recommend?

I heard there is a way to change the order of options so that "pickpocket" becomes left-click. Is this possible and how?

I don't have master camouflage outfit but the Wiki says "Auto-pickpocketing up to a maximum of 10 times in a row". However, on another Wiki page it says "Auto-pickpockting is a set effect of the Master camouflage outfit, allowing up to 5 minutes of pickpockting from one click." Could someone who has the outfit tell me how it works?

All other tips are appreciated as well. Cheers!

20-May-2018 17:01:32

Yusou Bhoroi

Yusou Bhoroi

Posts: 8,551 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Abyssal Lurker Familiar will boost your Thieving level by 4, every time you use the scroll (special move) - this returns to baseline, at the usual rate, so will need refreshing.

Not sure about the camo outfit.. I own it, but haven't managed to activate that particular effect, so am unsure of how it works.

21-May-2018 02:06:16

UrekMazino
Aug Member 2023

UrekMazino

Posts: 7,214 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
4A6F6B6B75 said :
I heard there is a way to change the order of options so that "pickpocket" becomes left-click. Is this possible and how?

That only works on targets who's main option is to attack, you can change the attack option to right click or hidden in the combat settings, this will make the usually 2nd option into the left click option, if the usual 2nd option isn't pickpocket then this won't help.

4A6F6B6B75 said :
I don't have master camouflage outfit but the Wiki says "Auto-pickpocketing up to a maximum of 10 times in a row". However, on another Wiki page it says "Auto-pickpockting is a set effect of the Master camouflage outfit, allowing up to 5 minutes of pickpockting from one click." Could someone who has the outfit tell me how it works?

Dunno where you read about the 5 minutes of pickpocketing from 1 click, but the master camo definitely does not have that feature. The only thing related to pickpocketing and 5 minutes is the priff elves pickpocketing which are hard capped at 5 minutes per clan.

4A6F6B6B75 said :
I'm planning to use Trahaearn exoskeleton set, ardougne cape, crystal mask and light form. What other items and which familiar would you recommend?

If you're doing priff elves, crystal mask/light form does not help much, if you're low level and get caught quickly, the mask will help, but at higher levels you will reach the 5 min cap every time. 5 finger discount aura also does nothing for priff elves.

If you're doing pyramid plunder on the other hand, crystal mask + light form makes it so that you never get bitten by snakes when looting urns.
°l||l° Modest Skillers T7 Citadel | Skilling clan recruiting players. °l||l°
•ï¡÷¡ï• Cwar United for CW games/Ardy task/Trim req. •ï¡÷¡ï•
120 Summoning Familiar ideas .

21-May-2018 12:56:05

4A6F6B6B75

4A6F6B6B75

Ok, so I like I said I will be doing Anja. She's pretty picky, so you keep failing even at 99 thieving.

Yusou Bhoroi said :
Abyssal Lurker Familiar will boost your Thieving level by 4, every time you use the scroll (special move) - this returns to baseline, at the usual rate, so will need refreshing.

Oh, that's pretty disappointing! Is there not any better familiar for thieving, like arctic bear for hunter?

Btw Yusou, did you see this week's news post? There will be a Vinesweeper event on Saturday :)

UrekMazino said :
That only works on targets who's main option is to attack, you can change the attack option to right click or hidden in the combat settings, this will make the usually 2nd option into the left click option, if the usual 2nd option isn't pickpocket then this won't help.

Ooh, this was super helpful! Now I never have to worry about accidentally attacking Anja :)

UrekMazino said :
Dunno where you read about the 5 minutes of pickpocketing from 1 click, but the master camo definitely does not have that feature. The only thing related to pickpocketing and 5 minutes is the priff elves pickpocketing which are hard capped at 5 minutes per clan.

I read it here:

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Thieving#Pickpocketing

It says: "Auto-pickpockting is a set effect of the Master camouflage outfit, allowing up to 5 minutes of pickpockting from one click."

If this is incorrect, I could perhaps edit it away…

The other thing I read here:

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Master_camouflage_outfit

It says: "Auto-pickpocketing up to a maximum of 10 times in a row."

So both of those are incorrect? There's nothing about autopickpocketing with it ? Lol…

21-May-2018 19:45:36

Yusou Bhoroi

Yusou Bhoroi

Posts: 8,551 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've never had the auto-pickpocket activate, though I do get the agility-related one, quite often.

That's the best familiar, yes.. so unfortunately it'll be a faff, as nothing has a decent passive boost : /

I'll look forward to the Event! (will go and look up the details)

22-May-2018 15:43:39

4A6F6B6B75

4A6F6B6B75

It was actually hosted by 2 Pmods. It was pretty funny... 1 of them didn't say one word during the event and the other talked 4 times. "Hiiii", "Yes", "Ok", "Thanks for coming to the event!" Would have been funnier if they had talked a bit more though.

I found out that with ardy cape and exoskeleton set you seem to stop failing! So no crystal mask/light form needed. But pickpocketing hurts my fingers :(

31-May-2018 18:33:44

Quick find code: 259-260-577-66013462 Back to Top