Forums

kicked into wildy: new lure?

Quick find code: 259-260-566-66034390

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

Posts: 7,222 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
hey I hope y'all have ED2 built with idea in mind that scapers can be real assholes sometimes. yer gonna regret it if you release ED2 in such a way that, yeah, the group teleport option brings you automatically through wildy, but that being kicked from a group drops you off in the middle of wildy.

howbout y'all check to make sure leave group or get kicked from group dumps you at edgeville?

I know most HLF will just tune max guild portal, and never think about whats happening to mid level players, but... idk... I just remembered the weirdness with toggling on/off matchmake, re-ready, and teleporting to drag up players who couldnt use mg (max guild tele). I hated having to do that, ever, because like... 1 in 4 times it'd bug the dungeon and not let us back in at all. I almost forgot because I just been soloing since, and that bugged group thing was pretty much the last straw for group runs.
I have quit rsof because moderator found comments about darklight bonus damage on demons "off topic" for wildy flash mobs full of demons

11-Aug-2018 05:33:19

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

I was waiting for sniper to be like
"
come on guys coach is right
!"*
and tell me to wait til monday to see, but I think thats a mistake. I think they need to make sure thats not a thing before they release it. It won't be anybody HLF, but some mid level would absolutely quit over somethin like that.
I have quit rsof because moderator found comments about darklight bonus damage on demons "off topic" for wildy flash mobs full of demons

11-Aug-2018 06:07:46

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

that'd be nice. I mean... I hope some plucky mid lvs do get the dmg bonus for running there, like with kbd, but whats the point in being hlf unless you can skip that for kbdb.

12-Aug-2018 00:06:20

Chee
Jul Member 2016

Chee

Posts: 1,946 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
J R Kerr said :
howbout y'all check to make sure leave group or get kicked from group dumps you at edgeville?

inb4 ED2 comes out without this check, a bunch of people get skull tricked, and the update is 'patched' 20 minutes/1 week later
@Chee__RS
Maxed
Ironwoman
Completionist
Q
ue
st Mas
te
r

Max: 28 Jan 2018 | MQC: 9 Aug 2019 | Comp: 18 Oct 2019

12-Aug-2018 06:07:39

Chee
Jul Member 2016

Chee

Posts: 1,946 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Chee said :
J R Kerr said :

inb4 ED2 comes out without this check, a bunch of people get skull tricked, and the update is 'patched' 20 minutes/1 week later

JMod response:
whoops sorry guys we didn't think of this issue

you know, maybe if we checked the RSOF we could have caught onto it but eh, no one can bother with that anymore :\ sux to suck
@Chee__RS
Maxed
Ironwoman
Completionist
Q
ue
st Mas
te
r

Max: 28 Jan 2018 | MQC: 9 Aug 2019 | Comp: 18 Oct 2019

12-Aug-2018 06:09:34 - Last edited on 12-Aug-2018 06:09:58 by Chee

Wolfblue42

Wolfblue42

Posts: 3,962 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
They said somewhere on
reddit
there isn't some damage bonus for running there.

Sounds like they'll carve out an area that's safe like with demonheim so you have to go out of your way slightly to enter wilderness.

Prolly gonna be people lunar teleing people to wilderness so look forward to that drama. I thought was the group system tele jagex why!!

12-Aug-2018 17:10:08

Quick find code: 259-260-566-66034390 Back to Top