Forums

The Epic Yearly D&D at Max XP

Quick find code: 259-260-509-66003478

Blasphemite
Aug Member 2008

Blasphemite

Posts: 12,334 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I propose a yearly D&D wherein those with max XP can prestige. But this is nothing like the previously proposed prestige system.

I envision a prestige portal that would exist, say, in the Varrock fountain. When you have 200M XP in all skills, you can go through the portal. Very similar to New Varrock, I suppose, except that you are still in the normal RuneScape world and just on a fresh level 3 account. You can go back to your max XP account at any time by going back through the portal.

You'll be a hardcore ironman with an empty bank (no loyalty items or any non-cosmetic Solomon contraband; so, yes, you can be a level 3 with a completionist cape), but with a twist of course. No jar of light; if you die then you have to reset your prestige progress, and there are some randomly generated challenges to go along with this. Your mission is to get 99 in all skills (or 120 in all skills?).

Example challenges:

(1) No access to banks whatsoever.

(2) Under constant, permanent effect of heavy poison and disease, and bank areas do not heal.

(3) Unable to gain combat XP (so you are exempt from the relevant skills), but all monsters in the game are hostile to you.

(4) More ideas?

Completion of the yearly D&D will give you a chat badge that is updated each time you complete it again. (Any ideas how this would work with p-mod, VIP, or ironman?)

My idea will keep veterans actively engaged in the game on their main accounts, giving them a way to show off how long they've been a master of the game, while at the same time still allowing newer players to top the HiScores by the method already available to them (attain max XP, wait for new skill, be first to 200M).
For stardust thou art , and unto stardust shalt thou return.

07-Apr-2018 16:35:19

Qte
Aug Member 2008

Qte

Posts: 565 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So you go through the portal at level 3 with 10 health, unable to heal because you do not have any food yet, and you die within the first 5 seconds due to:
"(2) Under constant, permanent effect of heavy poison and disease, and bank areas do not heal."

Seems logical. I like the prestige idea -even though I am no where near that level of play yet-, but your suggestion points do need to be rethought out a bit.

07-Apr-2018 16:42:27

Blasphemite
Aug Member 2008

Blasphemite

Qte said :
So you go through the portal at level 3 with 10 health, unable to heal because you do not have any food yet, and you die within the first 5 seconds due to:
"(2) Under constant, permanent effect of heavy poison and disease, and bank areas do not heal."

Seems logical. I like the prestige idea -even though I am no where near that level of play yet-, but your suggestion points do need to be rethought out a bit.

Grace period for the poison challenge. What else needs to be rethought?

07-Apr-2018 16:48:23

Blasphemite
Aug Member 2008

Blasphemite

Dsctatom said :
So all of this effort needs to be put into a special mode for 300 people? Jagex can't do what they've currently said they'd do; how can they take on more for uber minorities?

When I got max level I was rank 36 in the world despite having 13M XP in all skills. Now people max hourly. It won't be long before people are attaining max XP hourly.

07-Apr-2018 17:00:59

Qte
Aug Member 2008

Qte

Posts: 565 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Blasphemite said :
Qte said :

Grace period for the poison challenge. What else needs to be rethought?

I feel like it should get more dangerous the higher in you are, but I also don't feel like you should lose everything you've worked on.

What I mean by this is perhaps enable combat skills if they want, but only once they reach a certain milestone in all other skills. The higher your skills the more dangerous the world becomes.

Achieving 99 in all non-combat skills could unlock the combat skills, and doing so you will then suffer the poison damage.

Achieving 99 in all combat skills will increase the health of all monsters and the damage by a multiplier of 2.

I do also agree with Dsctatom though. This gamemode would essentially be for the top <1% of players. It would benefit greatly if it was opened up to maxed as well. A big change to your proposal would be that instead of going into the varrock portal JaGex could simply convert (or make a new) server world. That way you can easily hop between the two (obviously with the same strict logout rules).

07-Apr-2018 17:10:19

Chee
Jul Member 2016

Chee

Posts: 1,946 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't mind the challenges but I really think if you're going to be resetting your account anyway, you should just make a new one. There's no reason to reset your main. Make a new mode called Poison Challenge (or something like that), Ultimate (for no banking), Hostile (for aggression etc.

I think it would be really interesting if you could toggle them all on, or Poison+Hostile, Poison+Ultimate, Ultimate+Hostile
(side note: if you could turn on HCIM and poison that would make for a really interesting challenge)

But I don't see the need to reset a fully-maxed account. This would (as Dsctatom said) only affect a few hundred accounts at most, and likely most of them would not be interested in resetting or even playing whatever new modes come out.

TL;DR:
No support for resetting 200M maxed accounts
Support for turning these challenges into new 'game modes' like Iron mode
@Chee__RS
Maxed
Ironwoman
Completionist
Q
ue
st Mas
te
r

Max: 28 Jan 2018 | MQC: 9 Aug 2019 | Comp: 18 Oct 2019

07-Apr-2018 21:56:23

Blasphemite
Aug Member 2008

Blasphemite

Chee said :
I don't mind the challenges but I really think if you're going to be resetting your account anyway, you should just make a new one. There's no reason to reset your main. Make a new mode called Poison Challenge (or something like that), Ultimate (for no banking), Hostile (for aggression etc.

I think it would be really interesting if you could toggle them all on, or Poison+Hostile, Poison+Ultimate, Ultimate+Hostile
(side note: if you could turn on HCIM and poison that would make for a really interesting challenge)

But I don't see the need to reset a fully-maxed account. This would (as Dsctatom said) only affect a few hundred accounts at most, and likely most of them would not be interested in resetting or even playing whatever new modes come out.

TL;DR:
No support for resetting 200M maxed accounts
Support for turning these challenges into new 'game modes' like Iron mode

Please read the thread before responding kthnkxbye.

08-Apr-2018 02:24:04

Kcin

Kcin

Posts: 13,685 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Blasphemite said :
Dsctatom said :
So all of this effort needs to be put into a special mode for 300 people? Jagex can't do what they've currently said they'd do; how can they take on more for uber minorities?

When I got max level I was rank 36 in the world despite having 13M XP in all skills. Now people max hourly. It won't be long before people are attaining max XP hourly.

Yeah maybe in 20 years.

But grats I didn't think there could be a worse idea for prestige system than what Jagex gave out. Unable to bank, always getting hit with damage, can't level up combat I can't think of any worse game mode than where if you die you lose your account(hcim) and are forced to just constantly gather food and nothing else( constant, permanent effect of heavy poison and disease) and you can't even defend yourself(can't level combat)
[qfc id= 373-374-110-66042164]Support the small QoL updates[/qfc] Ever feel like you have a person who won't leave you alone even if you've asked many times?

09-Apr-2018 13:34:11

Quick find code: 259-260-509-66003478 Back to Top