Forums

370 have 5.4bil

Quick find code: 259-260-371-66027308

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,453 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nead said :
I think it's quite a large accomplishment, overall. Yet, it's a hefty investment of money and time that I personally do no longer have nowadays nor the aspiration to achieve. In my opinion, I also feel it's unhealthy for somebody to achieve it and others to aspire towards it.

Given how easy XP is nowadays, it's not really unhealthy any more. It's just like going for any time-based achievement in-game.

When I did 5.4b, it was mostly about prioritising the right dailies and having a good money-maker (Edimmu Slaying and then Araxxor). Planning for DXP weekends was a big deal as well. In a weekend, you could tackle those expensive buyables which helped cut the cost down and reduce time (to earn money).

TH was unfortunately way too expensive and out of my budget to reliably do back then. I'm not sure how cheap it is now to make use of promos (RS GP wise). I'm guessing it's a lot easier now that we have Telos that's capable of making up to 80m gp/h figures.

I didn't need to spend unhealthy hours chasing nor did it require any huge sacrifices IRL. It's not OSRS-level grinding any more.

23-Jul-2018 16:52:37

CaptKoloth
Feb Member 2008

CaptKoloth

Posts: 10,673 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB-phZcEw9k don't care what anybody says. This is still my favorite skill. Shame OSRS does not have it. Would love OSRS to have pre EOC Dungeoneering. Free trade is not allowed in Dung either.

OSRS cannot have Dung unless HP is changed to Constitution. Since Dungeoneering was based around the 990 lp setup.

24-Jul-2018 21:12:49 - Last edited on 28-Jul-2018 14:19:27 by CaptKoloth

CaptKoloth
Feb Member 2008

CaptKoloth

railgun said :
Most people have no plans to go for max exp, myself included.

There really is no point. Why I love the fact that since I lost interest in Slayer after 99 and concentrated on Dungeoneering. Because I loved it. Made it so I have a goal when 120 Slayer came out. Love the cape emote. But think they could of done more with the material from 99 to 120. Shame so many already had 120 and 200mil experience before the update came out though. Probably why material is a bit drab.

25-Jul-2018 16:47:05

Cosmic Star
Apr Member 2011

Cosmic Star

Posts: 4,858 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I blame it more on the max mentality max/comp cape/skill capes created more then I would Th/updates. The no xp waste mentality is the most Op change the game has ever experienced as the mind is quite a powerful weapon when you set it on something. Back in the day most people thought one single 99 was almost impossible let alone all of them. They'd rather fish sharks in catherby or stand around a bank talking to people. I mean heck Osrs has only been out 5 years an already has multiple people over/close to 4b+ xp An almost 4000 maxed players. Runescape herb farmer an farming fanatic ^_^
Purple PartyHat enthusiast
<3

28-Jul-2018 05:19:15

CaptKoloth
Feb Member 2008

CaptKoloth

Cosmic Star said :
I blame it more on the max mentality max/comp cape/skill capes created more then I would Th/updates. The no xp waste mentality is the most Op change the game has ever experienced as the mind is quite a powerful weapon when you set it on something. Back in the day most people thought one single 99 was almost impossible let alone all of them. They'd rather fish sharks in catherby or stand around a bank talking to people. I mean heck Osrs has only been out 5 years an already has multiple people over/close to 4b+ xp An almost 4000 maxed players.

I used to laugh when I saw a high level cb player with crap skills. But they just did what they loved. Which was combat. Then the ancient effigies came out and combat players had a way to level skills. The skillers got upset. But was funny to see a level 80 assisting a level 138 with an effigy. Anyways, the comp cape destroyed the game. People just strive to get the cape. The updates revolve around it as well.

28-Jul-2018 13:47:55

Vaseth
Dec Member 2023

Vaseth

Posts: 11,958 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
5.4b is NOTHING like 99

99 has uses, 5.4b has absolutely no use at all what so ever

anyone who cares about any xp that does not contribute to in game capability in some shape or form is just plain crazy

i may have 2.1b xp, but ever single xp of that, in ever skill, post maximum level,had a purpose other than xp (royal cannon for smith xp as 99 before AWS, livid spells for farm as 99 before livid release, combat and slayer xp coz killing shit is fun, etc, etc)

28-Jul-2018 14:29:29

Quick find code: 259-260-371-66027308 Back to Top