Forums

370 have 5.4bil

Quick find code: 259-260-371-66027308

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,453 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
CaptKoloth said :
Back in the days of Corp and Nex even. The bosses could not even be soloed for months after release

That's because those particular bosses were not designed to be solo'd. Of course it would take a long time to perfect a method to kill something out of its intended size. The game also wasn't PvMScape so heavily because it had other things going for it at the time. Less PvMers = less people attempting which in turn means it takes longer for people to figure stuff out.

Back then, what made PvMers stand out the most was doing seemingly impossible feats such as soloing a boss that shouldn't be soloed, or killing a boss with low-end gear and stats. Crazy stuff basically.

The race to first kills upon a release was nowhere near as exciting as it is with modern bosses of today. I'm not even sure if "the race" was even a thing then - nobody cared, not that I recall anyway. This is because all of them could be massed and we all know that massing makes any difficult boss easy, especially the ones released back then. It was a different era.

Crazy feats still exist today to show who's really good at a particular boss, it's just bosses by default are now harder than before, so the race to the first kill becomes more exciting simply because of its difficulty. Massing can't ruin it for most bosses either.

Bosses back in the day were nowhere near as hard as they are today. So in order to make things harder, players would turn to feats that were seen as impossible to up the challenge significantly to show how good they were because the bosses by default (intended team size) were a bit too easy.

You're only making it look like bosses back then were super-difficult because you're focusing on solos for team-based bosses, which is unfair. That's obviously going to be hard and take a lot of time to master, if at all.

PvM is the only part of RS3 that's strong and continues to be strong. The rest of it is questionable.

18-Jul-2018 01:53:06 - Last edited on 18-Jul-2018 02:11:12 by Singularity

Loki
Sep Member 2011

Loki

Posts: 65,226 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's crazy how times have changed lol.... I sometimes look back at my max/comp cape video and see how there was over 50 people who turned up and spammed "Grats@@@" etc.... Now I get a 120 or 200M and I don't even get a single PM telling me grats. I mention on Discord if anyone wants to come and I get responses such as "lolparties" or "parties are xp waste".

The RS Community now is truly horrible and is one of the reasons why I hardly play now. When your friends don't even want to respond or celebrate achievements with you, then there's no point in playing an mmorpg. The only reason I've stayed playing was because of all the great people I've known from back then, but even now most have become meh...

It's all about efficiency crap, who can pvm the best, and who can suck up to jmods the most. No one really plays for fun or interaction with others anymore. Always have people complaining about wanting solo content... no one talks at skilling spots - it's all about afking, etc...

/rant over
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

18-Jul-2018 02:55:45

CaptKoloth
Feb Member 2008

CaptKoloth

Posts: 10,673 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Another thing I missed as well was that not many players were over level 100 years back in the days of Kalphite Queen. In fact, during Corp's heyday I was level 105 with very low summoning. I did have 99 range and defense. Also obtained piety. Which made it easy for me to beat Zerkers with 99 str using melee while my str was much lower. I really think, in a way, that when curses came out, soul split and turmoil should of had defense requirements. That is besides the point. Much of the problem with the game now is the obsession with comp. Updates have become grinds. Instead of being fun. Believe the bosses would be more fun if they were actually a choice vs being a requirement for people who would not of even done them if comp was not around.

18-Jul-2018 02:56:12 - Last edited on 24-Jul-2018 01:50:52 by CaptKoloth

Loki
Sep Member 2011

Loki

Posts: 65,226 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
CaptKoloth said :
Much of the problem with the game now is the obsession with comp.
Exactly... comp was a very nice thing to aim for when it first came out, but now that everyone and their alts have comp capes, on top of the constant grind to maintain it, just doesn't make it fun anymore...
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

18-Jul-2018 02:59:05

CaptKoloth
Feb Member 2008

CaptKoloth

No Foo said :
I still think it's noteworthy. Runescape has been out a long time and most of its achievements are time-based, so naturally it's not the same as it would've been in years past

The main issue is people are not skilling to unlock anything. They just afk to get experience. Everything else is done for requirements for a cape. If you ask, why I still play the game. Because the lore always drew my attention and I enjoy the occasional humor. The game had a certain charm about it. It was lost somewhat by turning into an obsession over a cape, bots and people going aft to skill.

18-Jul-2018 13:58:55

UtaChao

UtaChao

Posts: 1,702 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Provided it's done without bonus xp then it's 100% a major achievement. With bonus xp, not so much.

Truth be told, I've been fishing a lot recently and doing about 200k xp an hour without bonus xp. 10 years ago you'd be lucky to get a third of that.
Ironman: Autark

19-Jul-2018 22:03:21

CaptKoloth
Feb Member 2008

CaptKoloth

UtaChao said :
Provided it's done without bonus xp then it's 100% a major achievement. With bonus xp, not so much.

Truth be told, I've been fishing a lot recently and doing about 200k xp an hour without bonus xp. 10 years ago you'd be lucky to get a third of that.

Only way you could get one third that would of been Barbarian Fly Fishing. Which was what I did from 94 to 99 with some fishing of sharks.

20-Jul-2018 02:15:45 - Last edited on 20-Jul-2018 02:17:20 by CaptKoloth

UtaChao

UtaChao

Posts: 1,702 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
CaptKoloth said :
UtaChao said :

Only way you could get one third that would of been Barbarian Fly Fishing. Which was what I did from 94 to 99 with some fishing of sharks.

Exactly, I agree with the term 'easyscape' to a certain degree because of the reletive ease of the current setup. 200k an hour with minimal clicks and I can even play the xbox at the same time.

However, if the 120 is the new 99, it is still a long achievement to aim for. 120 fishing will have taken me a long time and that's only half of the max xp target.

5.4 is, as a result, an extremely long and arduous task, only to be taken by the most obsessive. Personally I won't get it. If I got trimmed comp, I would probably go for 120s, and if I maintained trim and got full 120s I might aim for 5.4. Most likely it would be 5.6 or 5.8 by that time and I'll be a decade older. I am fine with having what I have!
Ironman: Autark

20-Jul-2018 11:30:21

Quick find code: 259-260-371-66027308 Back to Top