Forums

psa: the fix broke seiryu

Quick find code: 259-260-366-66023756

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

Posts: 7,222 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
the soloist vids last week showed people using steel of legends from the titan who was able to shoot the crystals from down on the floor. he is too wide for the collar, so you cannot summon him up there. today's fix means steel titan is unusable for a little while.

you can summon wolpertinger, but that has no attack scrolls.
next best afaik is granite lobster with crush claw scrolls and that can summon right up there, and it doesnt use much summon energy but doesnt do a whole bunch of damage.

the reason this happened is that the "fix" to allow hitting seiru from underneath meant that two polygons in a square under his chin now have collision detection and the steel titan won't shoot thru it when seiryu lays his big chin down on the ground for naptime.

if any of y'all test and find out that steel titan can use steel of legends on the crystals again please give a holler.
I have quit rsof because moderator found comments about darklight bonus damage on demons "off topic" for wildy flash mobs full of demons

03-Jul-2018 18:44:51

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

also if any of y'all have a better solution to skinny familiars that will answer call up to seiryu's collar and have a better attack scroll than the lobster lemme know. I kinda dont want to test them all. I mean... stuff like jelly or phoenix seem skinny to me, but... I took enough lumps for this already.
I have quit rsof because moderator found comments about darklight bonus damage on demons "off topic" for wildy flash mobs full of demons

03-Jul-2018 18:46:21

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

how much does climby animation suck?
well.. you can lose adrenaline and life if the suspiration tendrils started as you climbed the ledge; but
GOD FORBID
you be allowed to change gear, prayers, or cue abilities.

so you can lose adrenaline, life points, but you can't change gear or switch prayers.
be honest did y'all ever play this or do you just make fun of us like we must be retards to stay inside in the summer when its 70% humidity and 103 degrees out?

laugh at little overlord, but he fits everywhere unlike the waddling nimrod yeti for 99 summon that is lost titans. which way did he go george? which way did he go?

03-Jul-2018 21:52:44 - Last edited on 03-Jul-2018 21:54:30 by J R Kerr

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

so yeah granite lobster and karamthulu overlord will fit up on the collar.
the talon beast does not fit.

my plan is to do it in 3 cycles and never have to jump down to caroming 3 ricochet fail at tagging jellies: thats the worst thing thats ever been in this game. I hate it more than sick sheep. I can't believe solo mechanics do not allow more time before jellies than group.

I absolutely love aminishi, seiryu, bhutan, druk, the tiger's nest, etc. This should 100% be my favorite content that I camp to grind forever; but I'm just gonna do this the once, and idec that paid google employees with 15k subscribers at youtube float past this post with their "get good" snobbery.

also think, rather strongly, that solo mode shoulda been released a week or so early with grace period for comp cape because everyone from my raider friend list is telling lies about not wanting to group because theyre saved right at seiryu. this is making it WAY WAY too annoying to try and spam "lf ed" in the chats to form a party.

or vice versa. release group mode a week or two early. whichever.

thats a little more feedback than general, but yeah. if rsof members were being honest they'd admit that simultaneous release of group and solo modes may not be a good idea.

I lean toward solo first so that you get bitter angry scotsmen like me griping in detail with all the beta testing feedback you want before it comes out for groups. grouping is more fun, so at that point might not...

hey waitaminute... was there a beta of this for vip to play? if not why not?

04-Jul-2018 14:11:51

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

KARAMTHULU > SEIRYU

and the guy who did this solo with scythe, if he was on normal mode, is better than me. I'm never never trying that. not even with hellion aura.

04-Jul-2018 16:01:28

Cest Moi
Jan Member 2006

Cest Moi

Posts: 3,701 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
(*(*(*(*(* J R Kerr )*)*)*)*)*)*) What did I just read?

Every day, it all just becomes more and more technical and less game fun.

I am soooo impressed with your knowledge. When is the next class?

waddling nimrod yeti? caroming 3 ricochet? bitter angry scotsmen? where in the world did george go? I have a helion Aura but I am sooooo far behind in *ticks* too.
Cesty

04-Jul-2018 17:24:09

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

this is how shitty eoc has made the steel titan.
https://youtu.be/4aoqCCb3vBI

04-Jul-2018 18:15:59 - Last edited on 04-Jul-2018 18:17:06 by J R Kerr

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

titan summon up there yet?
collar walkway made invisibly wide enough for him?

09-Jul-2018 15:35:22

Lithuanian
Apr Member 2014

Lithuanian

Posts: 2,913 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Can't really tell what you're talking about. Titan not being able to dps black crystals? Or are you referring to going under seiryu and bug abusing crystals under it while it was viable (bugfixed now btw, I think)?

After all, in trio you can do the kill easily in two crystal cycles without an aura and book/scrim.

In solo, you can easily dps the crystal while ignoring first wave of blobs (3-way cycle), or if you use aura and whatnot and are good at dps complete it in 2 cycles withouth any dps familiar (using pack yak)

I really don't know what you're referring to, so feel free to correct idk

Edit: If you have a problem with crystal dps, use dominion mines. They're good in duo/trio and very good in solo (don't have to use any aura and book/scrim in solo when using dom mines for easy sunshine rotation and not having to worry about not doing enough dps)
Success
consists of going from
failure
to
failure
without loss of
enthusiasm

5.6b xp [x] Moa [x] Mqc [x] Trim [x] Boss/Slay Logs [x] Max Runescore [x]

10-Jul-2018 23:32:06 - Last edited on 10-Jul-2018 23:36:43 by Lithuanian

Quick find code: 259-260-366-66023756 Back to Top