Forums

@Highscore Thread OPs/Mod Lee

Quick find code: 259-260-340-65878182

Loki
Sep Member 2011

Loki

Posts: 65,226 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yes, our monthly "sticky threads" complaint thread!!

Just curious, much like a lot of other players that use HLF are also, what's the progress on merging all the Highscore threads into 1? It was discussed heavily on the JOAT highscores thread, but nothing seems to have come out of it?

Mod Lee said :
Maybe we should combine these HiScores with the Insane Final Boss HiScores (which is already a sticky) so that way both can be shown in one place and there would be less clutter.

Team Misha said :
Also:
Original message details are unavailable.
Original message details are unavailable.
Post one, spreadsheet link at the top, IFB+JoAT names in the order they achieved it

Post two+three(?), IFB only, spreadsheet link, IFB order

Post four+five(?), JoAT only, spreadsheet link, IFB order

Spreadsheet would exist purely for screenshot verification/for people to see others' kc/parties and whatnot.

Should help alleviate space but I'm not sure just how many names you can get onto one page :p

Just spoke to Troy and he's for merging trim with these achievements, so yeah i'll probably get some spreadsheets up and all 3 can be listed with a section that have also achieved all three.

Move this shit to spreadsheets where you aren't limited by posts. Surely this is common sense?

As quoted above, it was recommended that everything is posted on a single Google Spreadsheet with different tabs to each which could work, but personally I don't think having a thread that directs offsite is a good idea.
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

07-Feb-2017 11:49:39 - Last edited on 07-Feb-2017 11:50:16 by Loki

Loki
Sep Member 2011

Loki

What I'd propose for a combined highscores thread:

So people aren't arguing on who gets the OP with the sticky thread in their name, get Mod Lee to create it

In the OP, have quick links to each highscore (more information below)

So people aren't directed to an offsite, have each of the current Highscore thread owners post sections. example:
- First 20-30 posts reserved for trim highscores (enough for expansions)
- After those 20-30 posts, have the next 20-30 posts reserved for another highscore
- Again, after the first 40-60 posts, reserve the next 20-30 for the next highscore
- And you get the point...
-
Post 1 - Mod Lee
Posts 2-20(30) by Genger,
Posts 21(31)-40(60) by Destroy,
Posts 41(61)-60(80) by Dxnxex7,
etc....

Having sections reserved by different players ensures that the task isn't left to one person, but each person who originally started the highscore can keep it maintained.

Mod Lee can than have quick links to the start of each highscore section in the OP

When players post on the thread, they'll just have to state what the achievement was for

Only annoying part I can see if it one person goes inactive or no longer wants to maintain the highscore, the entire thread will have to be remade.

--------------------------------------------------
Of course, those quotes on Post 1 are pretty old, so there should be updated posts from those thread owners to show they still support the idea.
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

07-Feb-2017 11:49:49

Loki
Sep Member 2011

Loki

While I'm on the sticky thread topic... how about merging the HLF Help & Action Centre with the HLF Guidelines & Strike System Lee?? ^_^

All of the contents on the 2nd thread can just be posted onto the first page of the Action Centre thread.. the only issue I see is that posts getting automatically hidden, would ensure that no one could provide feedback (like the current thread), although that's posted on once a year, so I don't think it would matter...
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

07-Feb-2017 11:50:01

Weyburns
Nov Member 2021

Weyburns

Posts: 4,823 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
i mean they aren't highscores, just achievement dates lol.

not sure why they're even a thing when people can easily get them and be missed, but yolo. plus the current systems are so out of date, couldn't they just make a bot to grab the announcements on twitter, then program an excel sheet to sort/order everything automatically and just keep it on an excel sheet?
Hardcore Ironman
|
Ironman Discussion

@WeyburnRS
|
Draconic Fury

07-Feb-2017 12:40:51

Mark Antony
Nov Member 2023

Mark Antony

Posts: 3,244 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Should be moved to goals and achievements tbh.
IFB and JOAT aren't locked to the maxed community and there's absolutely no reason why a non maxed player shouldn't be able to see the trim list if they want to (although no idea why anyone would care)

07-Feb-2017 12:53:28

Loki
Sep Member 2011

Loki

Mark Antony said :
Should be moved to goals and achievements tbh.
IFB and JOAT aren't locked to the maxed community and there's absolutely no reason why a non maxed player shouldn't be able to see the trim list if they want to (although no idea why anyone would care)
Yeah I sort of agree... but they'll never be moved to those forums :/
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

07-Feb-2017 12:54:42

Nead
Sep Member 2012

Nead

Posts: 20,472 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I can agree there's alot of useless sticky threads a small minority use that could easily be combined. Then again, there's really not many other threads worth reading anyways; so eh.
- Ornery Onions -
Prioritizing inclusion, friendliness and offering a helping hand to those that need it.

07-Feb-2017 16:54:20

Lil Indecent

Lil Indecent

Posts: 447 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Why not just un-pin them?

They've all had their moment in the sun. They will return to page 1 and get exposure from time to time assuming there is some activity.

Imo, there is no need for merging and complicating things, particularly when that doesn't address the issue of the type of content that is actually stickied in the first place.

07-Feb-2017 21:47:27

Loki
Sep Member 2011

Loki

Lil Indecent said :
Why not just un-pin them?

They've all had their moment in the sun. They will return to page 1 and get exposure from time to time assuming there is some activity.

Imo, there is no need for merging and complicating things, particularly when that doesn't address the issue of the type of content that is actually stickied in the first place.
Good point tbh. Let's just get them all unpinned.
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

08-Feb-2017 03:38:41

Quick find code: 259-260-340-65878182 Back to Top