Forums

@Highscore Thread OPs/Mod Lee

Quick find code: 259-260-340-65878182

J-A-W-A-D

J-A-W-A-D

Posts: 363 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Isn't the Directory thread sort of like a merged thread? That is a nice approach in my opinion it has all sorts of threads linked into one thread, it is very organized. The pinned trim thread is full so obviously that thread is leaving.

Just Un-pin all the threads and link them in the Directory thread as it is now. keep the threads separate, owner of the threads can maintain them and those interested can find them in one place.

13-Feb-2017 06:13:51 - Last edited on 13-Feb-2017 06:14:19 by J-A-W-A-D

Mod Lee

Mod Lee

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Hey AOROX!

I'm definitely down to combine everything but like Lil Indecent said, there really is no need to further complicate things. If we did want to combine something, someone would have to put in the work and I'd definitely be willing to pitch in on my end.

I hear sometimes that people are unhappy with the amount of stickies but I think the amount is okay. As long as the pinned threads have valuable information or are helpful, then they should be there. You truly can't make EVERYONE happy but I think the front page looks good how it is.

I'm always open to suggestions though, let me know!

20-Feb-2017 04:45:08

Loki
Sep Member 2011

Loki

Posts: 65,226 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Body btw said :
Well we got his attention with no feedback from anybody complaining.

Typical lol
I've actually been busy studying for my exams/doing assessment for uni the past week or so. I completely forgot about this thread tbh. :P

From what others have said, I think it would be best to remove the achievement threads, and if the OPs of them are worried about losing a sticky status, then maybe get those threads pinned in the Goals and Achievements forums.

I also see an issue with my initial suggestion about merging the HLF Help Center and HLF Strike System threads together - as one automatically hides posts, and the other doesn't. If someone wanted to post feedback about something, it would be hidden and no one else could contribute to ideas posted on the Strike System threads.

And I agree with you Lee, you can't please everyone. There's always going to be someone complaining about something. :P
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

27-Feb-2017 00:46:53

Weyburns
Nov Member 2021

Weyburns

Posts: 4,823 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Lee said :
I'm always open to suggestions though, let me know!

why not combine both this threads ideas and your QOL thread and get jagex to make an official highscores?

everythings announced in game anywyas, and i'm sure you got the data of everything before hand, generally, so yea it shouldn't be hard lol.
Hardcore Ironman
|
Ironman Discussion

@WeyburnRS
|
Draconic Fury

27-Feb-2017 01:00:35 - Last edited on 27-Feb-2017 01:01:03 by Weyburns

Body btw

Body btw

Posts: 19,488 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Loki said :
I completely forgot about this thread tbh
I tagged you on Discord after Lee's response, I guess you didn't see it (but responded to something else the same day) :p

e: I didn't state my opinion but I guess I'd just prefer to see the HS stickies removed, but remain in HLF and/or get them stickied in G&A instead

We're just making front page room that way, the threads existence will live on
"Why are you posting threads, asking questions and making discussion???"

All I do anymore is fish - 2017

27-Feb-2017 03:29:42 - Last edited on 27-Feb-2017 03:31:32 by Body btw

Loki
Sep Member 2011

Loki

Posts: 65,226 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Body btw said :
Loki said :
I completely forgot about this thread tbh
I tagged you on Discord after Lee's response, I guess you didn't see it (but responded to something else the same day) :p
Oh. I pretty much ignore all the Discord servers I'm in apart from the minigames/D&Ds community discord :P

Body btw said :
e: I didn't state my opinion but I guess I'd just prefer to see the HS stickies removed, but remain in HLF and/or get them stickied in G&A instead

We're just making front page room that way, the threads existence will live on
And yeah, there will always be someone to run them as there's a lot of interest in them.
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

27-Feb-2017 04:00:16

Chee arra
Mar Member 2010

Chee arra

Posts: 10,335 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The best solution for the high scores could just be Jagex making an official highscores using the data from the existing threads. It would be easier for them to log and keep track of the data as well. We already have things like 'ironman firsts' from the noticeboard in Edgeville and lolseasonal highscores on the website so I don't really see a problem with either kind of in-game or out-of-game tracking.

As far as HLF Strike System posts getting hidden if it's merged, what exactly has been posted there that people other than JMods need to see anyway?
Quest Master
| @Chee__RS |
7 kc Chick'Arra

Friends Chat Improvements | 1 Defence Quests and Tasks
Goals

27-Feb-2017 05:22:54

Quick find code: 259-260-340-65878182 Back to Top