Forums

The most skilled rs activity

Quick find code: 259-260-337-65949981

Was Zeus

Was Zeus

Posts: 22,388 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I was thinking about what in RS actually takes skill, seeing as nowadays ur game (RS3) is just so stupidly easy its not worth playing

I think keying in early dg is probably the most skillful shit ever in this game, the hardest role to ever be made. Keyers were an actual role and having a good one was needed for you to do good floors.

Does anyone have some good memories of keying they can share? Or does anyone have pics/vids of best keying? (remember bulls dging outside of dg in the varrock sewers lol)

I know a lot of the spin era players wont even know what keying is and dont even know that it was a thing.

Is there anything u would consider harder than being a rekord keyer in 2011?
ZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZE

16-Sep-2017 22:25:07

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,453 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Was Zeus said :
Is there anything u would consider harder than being a rekord keyer in 2011?

Probably 4000% enrage Telos. Even 2000 and above is a stretch. Not many players have reached these enrages.

16-Sep-2017 22:27:33 - Last edited on 16-Sep-2017 22:29:24 by Singularity

Was Zeus

Was Zeus

idk what that means but is it really harder than warped rekord keying in 2011? Cos that shit is really hard ZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZE

16-Sep-2017 22:29:48

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Considering Telos has been out for over a year and barely anyone has surpassed 3000% enrage at the boss, I'd say yes.

There are definitely more skilled keyers than skilled Telos'ers that's for sure.

2 people to my knowledge have reached maxed enrage (4000%) at Telos. It takes something else to hit this.

16-Sep-2017 22:32:19

Was Zeus

Was Zeus

heres my question

does it take dynamic thinking or is it just execute x steps and hope u hit hard enough to kill him

maybe im thnkin weird but from i what i googled its a solo boss

Theres different types of difficulty, keying was not only hard by yourself, but u also had to communicate with 4 other people, its not just damage in game, it's mental ability to predict and process the movement of 4 other people.

The #1 thing about keying is that it was not predictable. Yes ok ppl learned about crit path and stuff but for the most part it was completely dynamic difficulty. Is this boss hard cos it requires skill and intuition or hard cos it requires tick perfect clicks and rng
ZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZE

16-Sep-2017 22:38:01

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jknKZ3aGrto

That's an example of a successful 4000% kill at Telos.

Do what you will with that.

Considering how many people do Telos and how many have reached 2k+ enrage, I'd say it's definitely hard - it's a boss that scales so it starts off stupidly easy and gradually gets hard until you reach the cap (absolute hardest). Hitting max enrage definitely takes skill and a strong understanding of how EoC works. You need strong tanking and DPS capabilities to survive as it heavily depends on both. There's a reason why only 2 people have managed to beat the boss at its hardest difficulty. If it was simple, the number of people to have completed it would be much higher as it's been out for over a year now - plenty of time to reach its max difficulty.

Keying at Dg was no easy feat either. But more people are able to do it compared to killing Telos at its maxed difficulty. Based on numbers, that says Telos is harder. :P

16-Sep-2017 22:49:43 - Last edited on 16-Sep-2017 22:50:43 by Singularity

Was Zeus

Was Zeus

I watched it all, I appreciate its hard ty. Hard to understand cos his mouse isnt clickig the abilities tho ZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZE

16-Sep-2017 23:08:16

Was Zeus

Was Zeus

i do want discussion about keying tho, any keyers out there ZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZE

16-Sep-2017 23:10:51

UtaChao

UtaChao

Posts: 1,702 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
From my personal playing style, I'd say maxing a IM/HCIM is pretty difficult. RS3 may allow for the easiest ways of training, but maxing one of these accounts renders those methods useless. Simply put, one has to really economise every tiny thing you do in order not to fall short in anyway. In my personal opinion, that takes skill.

*just to point out also, that I do not have such skill and am struggling with it.
Ironman: Autark

16-Sep-2017 23:16:43

Was Zeus

Was Zeus

I have an almost maxed OSRS ironman

U cannot say rs3 iron is hard tbh. Maxing an rs3 hcim is prob faster than an osrs normal acc lol.

16-Sep-2017 23:50:16

Quick find code: 259-260-337-65949981 Back to Top