Forums

The most skilled rs activity

Quick find code: 259-260-337-65949981

Was Zeus

Was Zeus

Posts: 22,388 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Vaseth, the shit that bots spam at the GE is more legible than the things you post ZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZE

25-Sep-2017 09:22:39

CaptKoloth
Feb Member 2008

CaptKoloth

Posts: 10,673 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bentoki said :
Vaseth said :

You're just arguing sementics dude, in his original post he said record keyer, which obviously isn't something that everyone could do.

Then he should of clarified "record keying" vs just "keying". But being able to gain decent experience keying required skill. If you could not record key, you needed to learn to survive. Not die like 12 times. Like friends of mine did when they attempted to key. So being an acceptable keyer with good friends for support required skill. This is of course pre EOC. I was never a "record keyer". But I was a decent keyer that could help friends get decent experience with me getting it also.

29-Sep-2017 02:20:06 - Last edited on 29-Sep-2017 02:39:02 by CaptKoloth

Otter
Dec Member 2006

Otter

Posts: 18,155 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
CaptKoloth said :
Bentoki said :
Vaseth said :

You're just arguing sementics dude, in his original post he said record keyer, which obviously isn't something that everyone could do.

Then he should of clarified "record keying" vs just "keying". But being able to gain decent experience keying required skill. If you could not record key, you needed to learn to survive. Not die like 12 times. Like friends of mine did when they attempted to key. So being an acceptable keyer with good friends for support required skill. This is of course pre EOC. I was never a "record keyer". But I was a decent keyer that could help friends get decent experience with me getting it also.

You just explained what the thread is about though..? The whole concept that somebody who has never done DG will be slower than someone who has a lot of practice with it is exactly what the concept of "skill" means. Compare this to say, herblore, where if you put someone who has spent 3 minutes doing herblore vs someone who has done 50 hours, and the person with 3 minutes of experience will be essentially just as capable as the person with 50 hours. Herblore involves zero skill to do, Dungeoneering requires a lot more.

29-Sep-2017 12:33:48

CaptKoloth
Feb Member 2008

CaptKoloth

Correct Otter. It took time learning the best way to do the puzzles and follow the map. The main thing was to learn which way led to the boss and which way was just a dead end. You didn't always have to do 13% floors to get good experience. Just know how to be efficient and fast while surviving. Also needed to be able to dodge the monsters you really did not need to fight. Also, co-ordinate how to team the boss. It was better to team a 5-5 boss than to try to solo. Especially Blink. Though I did solo him once without dying with no prayer. Fortunately had food.

29-Sep-2017 15:00:44

Nico Robyn

Nico Robyn

Posts: 1,210 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
dg was my favorite minigame, o shud probably say something, im shit at pvm now so cant say anything about that but if u cant key probably stupid cuz only takes logic and like 3rd grade math honestly.

keying was really only remembering ppls doors they gated and where the gt needed to be move before you deadend.

29-Sep-2017 15:55:29 - Last edited on 29-Sep-2017 16:04:07 by Nico Robyn

H Rassy
Sep Member 2023

H Rassy

Posts: 17,469 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Keying was one of the more skill intensive activities,kinda have to agree. It still was not particulary hard though. I have never been a good key-er myself so I let one of my friends do it and we managed to get very good xp with our group filled out with 1 or 2 randoms from the dungeon world.

Fighting telos also takes skill,its a different type of skill then key-ing in dungeons. Key-ing involves so many different things,like motivate team to keep play active and not sit out ,have a feeling for the map and what not.
Telos is much more specific,smashing a lot of buttons. Maybe you also need dodge something now and then. Not sure as I have never been there,its just not my thing (while I do love other combat games like fps or battle royale)

I have never really liked rs combat but dungeons I did love a lot,think me and friend even got to around rank 30 dungeoneering at one point which is pretty decent seeing how competitive the skill was at the time. Good times,the memorys will last forever :)

29-Sep-2017 16:17:16

CaptKoloth
Feb Member 2008

CaptKoloth

I honestly think Dungeoneering was a form of Raiding and should be a model on how Jagex creates future Raids and bosses. I still believe Raids should require a certain amount of skilling and character should start with nothing and be required to make or find their own supplies.

29-Sep-2017 16:25:26

Quick find code: 259-260-337-65949981 Back to Top