Forums

Comp cape nerf, now max cape?

Quick find code: 259-260-318-66140661

ing
Nov Member 2014

ing

Posts: 522 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
They need to add the pet statues too though still.
If you want the
rain
bow
, you gotta put up with the
rain
to see it. Not in doing what you like, but in
liking
what you do is the secret to
happiness

03-Feb-2020 16:07:56

Chee
Jul Member 2016

Chee

Posts: 1,946 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Raklette said :
Whilst I agree that being able to PvM properly should not be locked behind being maxed, War's retreat has been implemented way too late.

Better late than never, you've had the perks for over 5 years now. That's more than plenty of time to have the advantage of them before others. Nothing is being devalued. I love when people throw that word around incorrectly.

the more people with this mind set that leave RS3 the better the game will be
@Chee__RS
Maxed
Ironwoman
Completionist
Q
ue
st Mas
te
r

Max: 28 Jan 2018 | MQC: 9 Aug 2019 | Comp: 18 Oct 2019

05-Feb-2020 05:53:11

Chee
Jul Member 2016

Chee

Posts: 1,946 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
DickHardigan said :
Back in my day we didn't have no max guild teleport. I got max cape for the achievement of completing all 99s.

Tenebri said :
maxed before any of this. i did for the completion of doing it not for the rewards of maxing.

did you really max only for a boss portal???? :S :S :S :S

same.

I actually feel bad for people who maxed because of anything other than the feeling of accomplishment
@Chee__RS
Maxed
Ironwoman
Completionist
Q
ue
st Mas
te
r

Max: 28 Jan 2018 | MQC: 9 Aug 2019 | Comp: 18 Oct 2019

05-Feb-2020 05:55:56

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 39,133 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Chee said :
DickHardigan said :
Back in my day we didn't have no max guild teleport. I got max cape for the achievement of completing all 99s.

Tenebri said :
maxed before any of this. i did for the completion of doing it not for the rewards of maxing.

same.

I actually feel bad for people who maxed because of anything other than the feeling of accomplishment

yeah same im surprised to actually see this. would they be maxed if there wasnt a cape or a guild to go with it?

im awfully curious
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19
1.2Billion overall Slayer xp / Ultimate slayer title

OSRS 2277/2277 Untrim slayer cape
Hail Satan, He loves for who you are.

06-Feb-2020 00:13:58

CaptKoloth
Feb Member 2008

CaptKoloth

Posts: 10,673 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Chee said :
DickHardigan said :

Tenebri said :

same.

I maxed for 13% dungeons back in 2010 and 2011. Actually, I only had a few skills to go by then. Been maxed and re-maxed since 2011.

06-Feb-2020 04:28:47

Sereg

Sereg

Posts: 9,292 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I maxed probably about a month before War's Retreat released. I certainly didn't do it for the boss portal in the Max Guild - in fact, I've never even used it. Now that War's Retreat is available, I have been using its portals - for one, it's directly adjacent to Death's office, where I get my Reaper tasks, and for another, the ability to top off Health, Prayer, Summoning, and Adrenaline all in one place is very convenient.

While it's true that it's quite a bit easier than what most of us are used to as far as getting to bosses, that's been a general trend of quality of life improvements for years now, which I certainly approve of.

I still remember the days when Dagannoth Kings were the highest end PvM content we had, and the absolute nightmare it was getting there in the first place. I also remember the old death system, under which a friend of mine died fighting the Prime and Supreme while I was maging Rex, and I had to go run out in the middle of the island and tank all three of them while collecting all the items he'd dropped, knowing that if I failed, we'd both lose everything we brought down there - and for me, at the time, my DK gear was maybe 75% of my net worth.

I wouldn't have them bring back the difficulty of the old death system, nor would I have them bring back the unnecessary effort of the long journey to get to the bosses in the first place. This is definitely an update for the better - and for those who don't think that way, bear in mind that you can only have 3 specifically tuned boss portals(including the Max Guild, 2 without), while there are scores of bosses. People will still have to walk the long way to most of them, but for the ones they do the most, they now have a more convenient way to do so, and that's not a bad thing.
Carve our dreams in sanguine stone/Strength corporeal and of mind
Walls of our flesh, bricks of our bone/Deadly intent to defend our kind

09-Feb-2020 05:49:17

railgun
May Member 2017

railgun

Posts: 1,968 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You can surge-bd from bank chest or altar crystal to the boss portals and adren crystals really easily. It's not even "slower" than max guild bank.

Surprised that people haven't figured this out yet. Max guild is good for its 3rd customizable portal, I suppose. But other than that, I'd always use War's retreat.
toxic elitist community soccermom btw

10-Feb-2020 09:53:35

Bobhaz
Jun Member 2021

Bobhaz

Posts: 55,618 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Chee said :
DickHardigan said :

Tenebri said :

same.

making me think back to when i maxed chee just the feeling and enjoyment of getting all those 99s was pretty fucken sweet

12-Feb-2020 13:05:32

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 39,133 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bobhaz said :
Chee said :
DickHardigan said :

Tenebri said :

same.

making me think back to when i maxed chee just the feeling and enjoyment of getting all those 99s was pretty fucken sweet

indeed i agree.
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19
1.2Billion overall Slayer xp / Ultimate slayer title

OSRS 2277/2277 Untrim slayer cape
Hail Satan, He loves for who you are.

12-Feb-2020 22:40:13

HorrificRNG
Jul Member 2019

HorrificRNG

Posts: 5,754 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sci said :
Max guild is still the better bank tele because you land ~60% closer and it has ge access. It also has a potion decanter/crystal singer. Not to mention it retains its boss portal so maxing brings one's total portals to 3 and distance from bank to altar and portal are shorter.

That said, during the recent stream they mentioned now that the guild has lost some of it's uniqueness some added skilling oriented functionality are being considered, which imo would be appreciated.

Let's get some permanent portables in the max guild :)
I'm bad and I feel bad.

19-Feb-2020 20:22:17

Quick find code: 259-260-318-66140661 Back to Top