Forums

Completionist Cape Voting

Quick find code: 259-260-289-66278797

1 Eye Viper
Feb Member 2023

1 Eye Viper

Posts: 1,287 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I understand trying to give everyone In the game a voice but the majority of RS players probably don't have a Completionist Cape and will never get one. So why include them In the voting process? I think that their input might be skewing the results. I agree with Trinijunie. Ask the people that wear the cape what their thoughts are. These capes aren't easy to get and take a lot of time to maintain. I would argue that most people that wear the cape do not want a bunch of new extremely difficult content.
If you want to add another tier of Completionist Cape that a few no lifers want to go for then by all means add another cape. Otherwise keep the content challenging but not extremely difficult. Just my 2 cents

22-Apr-2023 14:01:34

Rikornak
Oct Member 2013

Rikornak

Posts: 9,163 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I mean - there is a point allowing people to vote who would be close to gaining those capes, but without a properly working points/score system it would be hard to determine what is 'close'. But yeah - just having a membership by far shouldn't qualify. Even the OS poll system is protected better.

But all in all they basically said, it's just for gaining vibes and they totally could ignore those results. The poll itself says that.

All those issues those capes have just could have been solved with their proposal from 2019 - 5 distinct paths, 3 tiers + in between tiers for more insane stuff... it just really can't be crammed into two tiers and a MQC to be fair.
Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2
Quick Fixes: Invention

25-Apr-2023 05:40:56 - Last edited on 25-Apr-2023 05:42:28 by Rikornak

Dragonz809
Jan Member 2017

Dragonz809

Posts: 935 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
1 Eye Viper said :
I understand trying to give everyone In the game a voice but the majority of RS players probably don't have a Completionist Cape and will never get one. So why include them In the voting process? I think that their input might be skewing the results. I agree with Trinijunie. Ask the people that wear the cape what their thoughts are. These capes aren't easy to get and take a lot of time to maintain. I would argue that most people that wear the cape do not want a bunch of new extremely difficult content.
If you want to add another tier of Completionist Cape that a few no lifers want to go for then by all means add another cape. Otherwise keep the content challenging but not extremely difficult. Just my 2 cents

You aren't wrong.
"Once upon a time, there was an ugly barnacle. He was so ugly, everyone died. The end."
Are you looking for an active clan? Check us out, Kia Kaha , for more information!

28-Apr-2023 06:57:04

Quick find code: 259-260-289-66278797 Back to Top