Forums

No plans to update forums

Quick find code: 259-260-140-66045935

YtHaar-Mej
Dec Member 2005

YtHaar-Mej

Posts: 24,884 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tenebri said :

Original message details are unavailable.

I would love, Love, LOVE for us to work on the forums. Unfortunately its just a lot of work we don't have time for right now.

they do want to though

Exactly

It doesn't say there are no plans ever...just not right now. Jagex has already stated before that they have plans for an overhaul....but other projects are taking a priority.

I'd rather them take the time to write the forum inhouse though. PHP forum compatibility on a Java web server is not something I'd try to do....especially with all the custom code that would need to be written JUST to use your game account, and transfer the data from this system to the new one.....and add in any features that vbulletin/ipb/phpbb/mybb/etc doesn't have that the RSOF does....ya, no. Just write it from scratch.

Less maintenance overall, don't have to worry about plugins breaking, or not being able to update, or vulnerability issues from using a popular system. Speaking from personal experience here, it's just far better in the long run so you can work on other stuff instead of maintaining something constantly.
Can I turn in a paper without citing all sources?
"No."[1]
1. William Shakespeare, Hamlet , Act III, Scene 1, line 96.

20-Sep-2018 05:26:01 - Last edited on 20-Sep-2018 18:19:28 by YtHaar-Mej

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

Posts: 7,222 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
y'all miss the point of rsof. Its a fucking UBB, and its the year 2018. That 100% means this was always a margin to hide our comments inside. The guttersnipes who leave shots at me "oh you write so much" don't phase me at all. I do not have to take the extra time to edit and make my comments shorter, because this was always a kind of garbage can. I can just dump my unedited at-length feedback, comments, ideas... here, and I know they do skim them and pull out what they want...

y'know... they justify their jobs at audit time with whether or not something seemed relevant. one of their metrics is "how many people started this quest on day one" and they use that to determine if it was a good/relevant quest.

so like... I write about daemoncap zygomites, 2 ppl continue on the prompt, and 1 person is just guttersniping me... the guy who wants to do a passion project about zygomites can cite as "hey some people thought this content was relevant" no matter what is written about it good or bad.

-I- don't need to meet any of you here. I dont need a good morning, or a winkie, or an ego stroke. I am already the Mad Jackal, so millions of readers, millions of e-mails, and can't even be bothered to use a handle anymore cause people know I'm Kerr. I don't know what y'all mean by "oh the good old days of hlf." All those people now absent left for one of two reasons:
1. they were empty nests who wrote huge goodbye diatribe, but then got busy playing irl with grandkids too young to videogame
2. they went pro. I never took money for anything related to gaming, on purpose, so that I could preserve integrity of my academic/amateur position. Taking money made them corrupt, at first, and then led each of them to place they either got banned for cheating, or they got attacked, and decided the better of defending both money and editorial privilege at the same time.

those two kinds of players now absent... theyre not "coming back" to this for any reason
I have quit rsof because moderator found comments about darklight bonus damage on demons "off topic" for wildy flash mobs full of demons

28-Sep-2018 16:08:29

Was Zeus

Was Zeus

Posts: 22,388 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
the ramblings of a mentally ill person above this ZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZE

28-Sep-2018 17:44:01

Quick find code: 259-260-140-66045935 Back to Top