Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Posts: 60,012 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
There was this (which is what I was refering to, but that was fixed over a year ago apparently) https://www.duosecurity.com/blog/bypassing-googles-two-factor-authentication - It may not be as easy as I implied beforehand.

There's also the obvious recovery method, if you know enough about the person and you have a proxy close to their address, you'd probably get in.

It may not be so easy to recover an email, as Google (have to) care a lot more about their customers, but as Kakamile has said, Jagex have let countless hackers onto the account by deactivating JAG/Authenticator for them.

Just saying, your account is not entirely secure, just because you have mobile authentication activated.
Unslain Bosses - Clan

29-Aug-2014 13:48:41

Morgan

Morgan

Posts: 36,054 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hevilmystic said :
There's also the obvious recovery method, if you know enough about the person and you have a proxy close to their address, you'd probably get in.
Honestly, for this to work you'd need their Credit Card info (last 4 digits), transaction IDs, postcodes, at least 2 previous passwords. If a person got to know all those details then you seriously need to reconsider your friends and sense of trust and deserve to get hacked.

29-Aug-2014 13:51:49

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Posts: 60,012 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Morgan said :
Honestly, for this to work you'd need their Credit Card info (last 4 digits), transaction IDs, postcodes, at least 2 previous passwords. If a person got to know all those details then you seriously need to reconsider your friends and sense of trust and deserve to get hacked.

I've recovered one of my Google accounts before, I needed none of that information minus previous passwords. I didn't have access to the phone linked to the account, either.
Unslain Bosses - Clan

29-Aug-2014 13:56:13

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top