Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Keighlea

Keighlea

Posts: 40,455 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Singularity said :
Nex is still thriving due to the fact that it's somewhat easy, decent money, fun, and is a nice alternative for those who don't like or can't access Vorago/ROTS.

Yup :P

I went to Vorago a few times... I wasn't fond of it. It was okay, but Nex was much more fun. The Ice prison thing has me considering if I'll be able to like Nex anymore, though...

It was already hard enough to have a decent amount of HP at the end of the blood phase (eating wasn't really necessary because of Immortality and low damage output on Ice)... If it's going to take longer to reduce her HP on Ice, and Prison is going to hit 10k damage and still be nearly impossible to break... That's not a boss mechanic I'll be fond of.

­­­­
Fun fact: Zaros uses Linkify
­­­­
Lady of Zaros

Proud Linkify user - Become one of the Family!

13-May-2014 02:46:15

HyunA

HyunA

Posts: 23,608 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Keighlea said :
-moves this here because it's sort of off topic of the other thread-

Original message details are unavailable.
Kiln is easier because you can actually safespot the Dills. Dismember and Slaughter are your best friends if you know what they do to Dills when wielding a pickaxe. ;)

Those abilities are very handy against Dills... Unfortunately, for someone with only 80 or so attack and a rune pickaxe, they only hit about 1/8th of the time :P

So for the 10(?) Dills in the kiln, a lot of time gets chewed up waiting for cooldowns and 'flinching', or else you take a ton of damage because their tail pounding seems random now regardless of if you pray or not

­­­­
­­­­

This is true. I was under the impression the Accuracy against Dills factored in mining moreso than Attack did but still even with 80 Mining. You'd be flinching the dills for a while. Especially on wave 28 where it's probably better to deal with the mage ASAP then kill all the Dills 1 by 1 since I believe they are the only Kiln Mob to lose aggro if you walk out their attack radius.

But if a mid level player has practiced kiln well. Using a Spirit Kyatt isn't half bad :>

¨'¹¸
¸*¸
……
'Such Asian'
¸„‹'ˆˆ¨,
..………
……
‘.,¸;¸,.'
…….
'Very Blue
.……
,¹'ˆ;ˆ“,
……
………..
'.,¸¸,.‹¹
Wow Amaze
……
'¸¸''
`.,¸
@HyunAOP

13-May-2014 02:47:00

Frogs Go Moo

Frogs Go Moo

Posts: 2,417 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Keighlea said :
The changes to Nex are barely significant compared to the other changes, at least in my opinion... I just want the game to stay normal at some point and stop being changed every other week.

Nex does 50% more damage against the tank only when using multi target attacks

- All her single target attacks do normal damage
- That means Resonance will heal more
- Devotion and Barricade will still block most of it
- Revenge is easier to use
- All damage is reduced by 30% (effectively making her multi-target attacks do 105% of current damage against the tank, barely an increase)

Blood siphon comes sooner in the rotation

- She's usually calling Cruor before she calls a blood sacrifice in a trio anyway

Ice Prison

- This one really bugs me since there's almost no point to this... This is the only thing that changes the fight much, in my opinion

I don't even remember what the fourth change was lol

Nex was a fun boss when she was released, Nex has been a fun boss up until now... But if they're going to continue to change her all the time, I'm seriously going to lose interest

­­­­
­­­­

But Prayers are 95% now.. So buffing her damage is pointless unless the tank is completely stupid.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't do Toad kids.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

13-May-2014 02:48:09

HyunA

HyunA

Also I think it's plausible to use an Autoattack+Slice when flinching.

¨'¹¸
¸*¸
……
'Such Asian'
¸„‹'ˆˆ¨,
..………
……
‘.,¸;¸,.'
…….
'Very Blue
.……
,¹'ˆ;ˆ“,
……
………..
'.,¸¸,.‹¹
Wow Amaze
……
'¸¸''
`.,¸
@HyunAOP

13-May-2014 02:48:18

HyunA

HyunA

Frogs Go Moo said :
Keighlea said :
Nex does 50% more damage against the tank only when using multi target attacks

- All her single target attacks do normal damage
- That means Resonance will heal more
- Devotion and Barricade will still block most of it
- Revenge is easier to use
- All damage is reduced by 30% (effectively making her multi-target attacks do 105% of current damage against the tank, barely an increase)

Blood siphon comes sooner in the rotation

- She's usually calling Cruor before she calls a blood sacrifice in a trio anyway

Ice Prison

- This one really bugs me since there's almost no point to this... This is the only thing that changes the fight much, in my opinion

I don't even remember what the fourth change was lol

Nex was a fun boss when she was released, Nex has been a fun boss up until now... But if they're going to continue to change her all the time, I'm seriously going to lose interest

­­­­
­­­­

But Prayers are 95% now.. So buffing her damage is pointless unless the tank is completely stupid.

Don't do Toad kids.

I don't think Prayers were 95% effective on Nex iirc.

¨'¹¸
¸*¸
……
'Such Asian'
¸„‹'ˆˆ¨,
..………
……
‘.,¸;¸,.'
…….
'Very Blue
.……
,¹'ˆ;ˆ“,
……
………..
'.,¸¸,.‹¹
Wow Amaze
……
'¸¸''
`.,¸
@HyunAOP

13-May-2014 02:49:13

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,457 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Keighlea said :
Singularity said :
Nex is still thriving due to the fact that it's somewhat easy, decent money, fun, and is a nice alternative for those who don't like or can't access Vorago/ROTS.

I went to Vorago a few times... I wasn't fond of it. It was okay, but Nex was much more fun. The Ice prison thing has me considering if I'll be able to like Nex anymore, though...

It was already hard enough to have a decent amount of HP at the end of the blood phase (eating wasn't really necessary because of Immortality and low damage output on Ice)... If it's going to take longer to reduce her HP on Ice, and Prison is going to hit 10k damage and still be nearly impossible to break... That's not a boss mechanic I'll be fond of.

­­­­
­­­­

Nex isn't exactly THAT easy either really - it takes good gear and some knowledge to even get good kills and actually last long there. It's not like you just flick on SS throughout the entire kill and wreck havoc.

It's not really meant to be a vorago-tier boss in terms of difficulty as this is EoC and the pray mage deflect change was more than enough to make it a little more challenging than it was.

I don't think I've seen a nexer that actually likes these changes yet. :P

- THERA
CORDS. - Music produced from the ­<3 -

13-May-2014 02:50:19

Keighlea

Keighlea

Posts: 40,455 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Frogs Go Moo said :

I was under the impression that this only applied to the main attack style of normal GWD bosses? Such as Bandos' melee, Saradomin's melee, Arma's ranged and K'rils melee?

I wasn't aware this extended to all monsters and styles...

­­­­
­­­­
Lady of Zaros

Proud Linkify user - Become one of the Family!

13-May-2014 02:50:38

HyunA

HyunA

Singularity said :
Keighlea said :
Singularity said :

­­­­
­­­­

Nex isn't exactly THAT easy either really - it takes good gear and some knowledge to even get good kills and actually last long there. It's not like you just flick on SS throughout
[/quote][/quote]

Easy in Comparison to the newer bosses. But harder in comparison of GWD bosses and maybe Corporeal Beast. But other than me, who really kills Corp nowadays? :S

¨'¹¸
¸*¸
……
'Such Asian'
¸„‹'ˆˆ¨,
..………
……
‘.,¸;¸,.'
…….
'Very Blue
.……
,¹'ˆ;ˆ“,