Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Kyrie

Kyrie

Posts: 7,608 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Morgan, the idea of Power to the Players is so the updates that go through are what the majority want. There is no right or wrong answer, I could go ahead and call you stupid bc you ask for rewards that may be useful but also make the game easier.

I'd rather play CosmeticScape than remember attacks and repeat the same thing over and over scape (pvm)

14-Mar-2014 14:29:44

Kyrie

Kyrie

Xerdge said :
360-361-744-65323805

Jagex is probably so excited to start selling these packages, and I don't think people are even realizing... One step closer to just buying your stats.

Idk. These things should have been implemented a long time ago imo. Especially the xp blocker.

14-Mar-2014 14:30:51

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,457 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
XP Blocking – Players could choose to block receiving XP in certain skills. When active, this would make the game effectively ignore any XP earned in a certain skill. This addresses our primary concern with pure play-styles, which force players to avoid certain content they’d otherwise benefit from. It also avoids the chronic problem of players accidentally getting XP in a skill they didn’t mean to, which caused a lot of upset for the player and strain on our customer support teams.

Love the sound of this. It would be really good for my "most 200ms in 1 day" goal.

Probably only applies to combat skills though. :(

14-Mar-2014 14:32:31

Morgan

Morgan

Posts: 36,054 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kyrie said :
Morgan, the idea of Power to the Players is so the updates that go through are what the majority want.

The majority tends to be illogical. That's what I'm trying to say. It's been proven that the majority aren't able to vote logically.

14-Mar-2014 14:34:38

Xerdge

Xerdge

Posts: 2,852 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Singularity said :
Original message details are unavailable.
XP Blocking – Players could choose to block receiving XP in certain skills. When active, this would make the game effectively ignore any XP earned in a certain skill. This addresses our primary concern with pure play-styles, which force players to avoid certain content they’d otherwise benefit from. It also avoids the chronic problem of players accidentally getting XP in a skill they didn’t mean to, which caused a lot of upset for the player and strain on our customer support teams.

Love the sound of this. It would be really good for my "most 200ms in 1 day" goal.

Probably only applies to combat skills though. :(

It will probably be something sold thru Solomans though, you get that right? If anything it should be an in-game option, much like these new easy-agility boots should've been from a minigame or something.

14-Mar-2014 14:37:08

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,457 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Since you can now purchase bonds from the GE and convert to Runecoins, I have no problem with it.

Sure adding content through SGS isn't the right way but this is reality and they clearly need the money to make up for the loss of players etc, nothing is going to change about that fact. Be glad you can actually use RSGP now to purchase stuff on there. I'd rather have it this way than the previous way (where buying via IRL money was the only way)

14-Mar-2014 14:39:09 - Last edited on 14-Mar-2014 14:40:07 by Singularity

Kyrie

Kyrie

I would say the poll regarding 120 capes is proof the community can vote logically. It's  actually funny you're the one who referred to me as abrasive yet you're calling people stupid and unintelligent because you disagree with them.

In my eyes people like yourself are the problem with the game, it isn't about fun, it's just about having the most useful things and being efficient. Pets are blatantly meant to be a fun reward that offer nothing other than showing off, there's no reason we cannot have both types of rewards either.

Maybe I should start referring to you as a boring killjoy :D

14-Mar-2014 14:45:04

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top