Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Keighlea

Keighlea

Posts: 40,455 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
NO KILLIN!

Also, this is for you HHQ!

Indecent Act said :
@Hardstylez, I haven't see that before.

I notice all the BB buttons aren't there as well as the smiley buttons, Preview and Submit buttons not there, looks like the character limit is missing too. There are things broken in that pic that RS Linkify doesn't touch.

Is there any indication RS-Linkify has interacted with the page?
Indications that RS-Linkify has run are...

Page up up/down buttons.
Bottom buttons for refresh and return to forums.
Post # links (next to highlight)
Do custom avatars appear
Are title suffixes and prefixes reordered

If none of these things are occurring, then RS Linkify is either aborting because it can't deal with the problems in page, or it's not even attempting to run because there are problems or it can't recognise the page, or most likely is crashing part way though when the inconsistency/problem is reached. However none of these things will remove existing elements from the page.

The fact it doesn't happen consistently and there are broken elements that RS-Linkify doesn't interact with makes me think the problem is in the page.

Generally when I break something it's either broken good and proper and occurs consistently, or it can at least be reproduced consistently.

Really need to know is there a common factor with pages this occurs on. Like is it only within a particular forums section, or doesn't only occur on pages with jmod posts.

Recently there was jmod post generating script errors, this crashed all my installed extensions and didn't help the forum pages much either. Kind of like sabotage from their own staff. This however only occurred if you looked at pages that he'd posted on. Fortunately this wasn't wide spread, but if there was ever a time to ban/lock/hide jmod posts, that was it.

I'll look into it, if the problem is in RS Linkify then I will get it sorted.
Lady of Zaros

Proud Linkify user - Become one of the Family!

27-Dec-2013 01:14:08

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,457 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'll have to take note of that next time it happens. Doesn't seem to be occurring atm.

I do notice that on some threads linkify fails to run on the page (no post # indications, no quote button replacing reply and so on)

27-Dec-2013 01:17:46

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top