HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,457 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Amaethwr said :
Singularity said :
I hope they make a lighter version of this site, it uses way too much CPU for me when I load a page which lags the game slightly :L

The lovely snow that Indy added was causing my CPU to go quite a bit higher than usual, might be worth checking with snow turned off.

+ Just did cmd ping test.. Had 75% packet loss. :|

­­­­
Let me live, so when it's time to die, even the Reaper cries.
­­­­

Yeah I had to turn it off, I was noticing some lag on the page itself as well with it enabled. I eventually do need to invest in a much more powerful computer as my current isn't THAT great as I want it to be.

24-Dec-2013 21:10:15

Amaethwr
Aug Member 2008

Amaethwr

Posts: 14,634 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I really wouldn't mind if they just added on option to strip the forums section right down, without having layers of images on it, and whatnot.

­­­­
Let me live, so when it's time to die, even the Reaper cries.
­­­­
Selective Completionist

24-Dec-2013 21:16:09

You Pick It

You Pick It

Posts: 8,320 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Finbarr said :
I still occasionally get a webpage crash using chrome on the forums (rarely though). I'm hoping Jagex upgrades/improves on their website infrastructure and systems next year.

I think MMG talked about that during that Christmas post he made today. He mentioned how next year they were going to work on the website instability, and I feel like this is what you were talking about.

24-Dec-2013 21:16:21

Finbarr

Finbarr

Posts: 5,254 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Singularity said :
When RS3 came, I was honestly hoping for the forums to get an update with them but it never happened.

Same here, I miss the forums we had before the update (sometime in 2012 I think?) that changed the skins/icons and just made them laggier in general.

24-Dec-2013 21:19:35 - Last edited on 24-Dec-2013 21:20:44 by Finbarr

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top