Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Finbarr

Finbarr

Posts: 5,254 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Either way, a bad-ass look.

I'm looking forward to bcp + tassets + ags with fire cape or a skillcape personally, I'll probably start working towards that when I get around to doing gwd.

Wilson, its the roof of that building with the weather-vane in Seers.

05-Dec-2013 06:42:33 - Last edited on 05-Dec-2013 06:43:51 by Finbarr

StarDerp
Oct Member 2005

StarDerp

Posts: 11,927 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm about 6-7m gp away from buying myself my own godsword, which is gonna be cool.

I don't really see point in buying bandos for slayer in oldschool. Yeah, it's got str bonus, but the amount of tasks I'd need guthans on, or protect melee, I don't see how it's a good investment.

I mean if there was soul split and turmoil and stuff, I could totally see the complete benefit, but until then, I kinda don't. :/
Derp, Derpity Derp.

05-Dec-2013 06:45:28

Finbarr

Finbarr

StarDerp said :
don't really see point in buying bandos for slayer in oldschool. Yeah, it's got str bonus, but the amount of tasks I'd need guthans on, or protect melee, I don't see how it's a good investment.

Same here, I use proselyte + verac's skirt for every task unless I'm using a protection prayer, in which case I use proselyte legs instead.

The only "practical" application of bandos I can see for slayer would be if you have 90+ melee stats but don't use piety at all, and have a sgs. In that situation, you could heal primarily with the sgs and reduce the need to camp in guthans.

I heard guthan's will protect over bandos if you die though...

StarDerp said :
Guthans is nice, it's just really unreliable. So many times I've come close to death because the spec won't trigger.

My worst so far has been 6hp on a bloodveld task (put guthans on at 40hp).

05-Dec-2013 06:52:27 - Last edited on 05-Dec-2013 06:54:29 by Finbarr

Cvbgn
Apr Member 2008

Cvbgn

Posts: 8,024 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Finbarr said :
I still haven't bought tassets because I use Verac's skirt for the prayer bonus (piety every task and sometimes I don't feel like flicking it for a whole hour).

1-85 Slayer was all Piety flicking because I was very poor back then and am still fairly poor since I've spent so much to max out my Combat but sadly as I'm about to finish off 126 and Max combat, MB died, PvP worlds are dead, Edge disappeared, Easts and Wests are dead and the only few people left to fight are repeats and boring.

Sigh.

05-Dec-2013 06:54:44

Finbarr

Finbarr

Cvbgn said :
1-85 Slayer was all Piety flicking

Good effort there, I find it tedious after a few hours of slaying, so when slaying 12-15hours a day, I just can't be bothered after a while.

Its a shame pvp is dying, I was originally going to get 99/99/75 but I decided I'd have more fun if I was max combat (especially for gwd).

05-Dec-2013 06:59:31 - Last edited on 05-Dec-2013 07:00:05 by Finbarr

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top