Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Finbarr

Finbarr

Posts: 5,254 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The grind is bad when you start a new account because there is literally so much that needs doing before you can hope to get anywhere, but after a couple of weeks, I found that the gameplay improved significantly.

It all depends on your aspirations, and how much you want the best gear/stats for whatever they be (e.g rune gloves or barrows gloves for gwd, with the latter taking much more time for a small bonus).

Also depends a lot on your source of income in my opinion. For example, if you can handle sustained runecrafting, you will have less trouble getting buyable levels up for quests/tasks/goals, but if you prefer a more "afk" approach, goals will inevitably take longer to achieve.

16-Nov-2013 18:02:05

Finbarr

Finbarr

Posts: 5,254 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I was lucky, my girlfriend decided to play 07 as well and got 99 Hunter in the first two weeks. I was able to borrow money from her and that saved me dozens of hours getting the skills for quest cape/efficient runecrafting.

If you have already completed Heroes quest and have 44 rc though, you only need 200k or so to begin runecrafting. As you make more money, you can buy more glories + super energy + essence to make even more/hour, and suddenly everything is a lot easier.

16-Nov-2013 18:13:45

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,457 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I was actually doing pretty well with questing

Went from 7 > 130 in maybe 4-5 days or so but then after I saw I needed more skills which required GP, then combat kicked in which I also need GP to afford better gear, then demotivation happened and can't get back into it

16-Nov-2013 18:17:50

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top