Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Finbarr

Finbarr

Posts: 5,254 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I know where you are coming from but that is incorrect, I can't explain this any simpler than if the following apply;

-monsters have more hp than your maximum hit with a staff
-you have a wand + book with both main hand and off hand spells equipped

then using a wand + book is superior to using a staff.

"you can potentially kill things in 3 wand attacks instead of 2 staff attacks, and since time of 2 staff attacks = time of 4 wand attacks, using the wand/book is quicker".

This applies in both single and multi-combat, if you don't believe my theory, test it yourself with an experience counter for say 10mins and compare staff vs wand.

Although you said you were using a wand of treachery (lvl 70) vs a chaotic staff (lvl 80) so the difference won't be as pronounced because the weapons are not of the same tier. There will still be a significant difference though, I would expect at least 20% more experience/hour using wand + book.

30-Oct-2013 15:17:32

Finbarr

Finbarr

Posts: 5,254 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Should be 14% more damage and 29% more accuracy with the t8 staff vs t7 dw, though I'd still expect t7 dw to be more experience/hour at abyss.

Not 100% sure on those percentages, magic seems to be changed on a monthly basis in the Eoc, but they should be accurate.

30-Oct-2013 15:24:23 - Last edited on 30-Oct-2013 15:25:32 by Finbarr

Amaethwr
Aug Member 2008

Amaethwr

Posts: 14,634 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
In the south-western or south-eastern corners, but not right against the corner.. Not too sure how to say without an image, am at work atm.

­­­­
‹ « ­­< Amæ >­­ » ›
­­­­
Selective Completionist

30-Oct-2013 15:29:16

Parrot Fever

Parrot Fever

Posts: 52,818 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Today I learned that a lot of HLF seems to forum whilst at work.

SLACKERS.

Morgan said :
Never trusted the price of Virtus wands... Attempting to buy one at the moment. Thanks for explaining in detail.

They fluctuate a lot, but they always seem to end up back around ~150m. Been that way for many months now. You shouldn't fear them dropping a noticeable amount any time soon, unless seismics magically drop 2b overnight.

30-Oct-2013 15:33:30

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top