Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,500 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yea

I used to refuse to perk up my gear because I thought it costed loads to maintain. Turns out it doesn't. If you do any decent PvM that generates "acceptable" gp/h (Nex solo+) then chances are you're rich enough to afford maintaining Augmented gear.

Of course, my main motivation was the ability to get Invention XP while killing Araxxor, but still. There is a noticeable difference at bosses depending on what perks you throw on. There's no need to go crazy with expensive perks, the cheap ones are good enough to be worth it even if your bank isn't large.

I don't regret perking up my gear that's for sure.

And if you find you simply do not like augmenting your gear after trying, you can easily use a dissolver to return them to normal.

04-Jul-2016 14:43:53 - Last edited on 04-Jul-2016 14:51:23 by Singularity

Lathow
Oct Member 2005

Lathow

Posts: 20,529 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I actually got a precise/equilibrium on my scythe for afking bandos a month ago or so lol so it's not like I don't use them at all, but yeah..

I even have a crackling on seis, but I know aftershock is better so that's a waste. Therefore I would not go and put it on other weapons.

Have they fixed biting equilibrium and all these breaking with each other?
Hi

04-Jul-2016 14:46:57

Baknoob

Baknoob

Posts: 4,680 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have nothing augmented. I haven't even looked into what's good for anything.

All I do is hunter/fish currently, and I feel like there's some perks I can get for weapons that gives me some bxp or something, but idk.
José Mourinho's Red Army.

04-Jul-2016 14:53:23

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Posts: 60,012 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
No Equilibrium still breaks with Biting, but the only thing to put on your weapons other than Aftershock is Equilibrium, so you make the choice of whether to get Biting 2 + Aftershock, or Equilibrium.

Saying "Perks cost 500m" is not a valid reason to not perk up your gear, either. Nor is cost in the context of my post (someone using full sirenic, with no augments, even on their weapons)
Unslain Bosses - Clan

04-Jul-2016 14:57:01

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top