Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,490 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I am actually glad bonds came out. I don't need to spend a dime of real money on this game, which I find beneficial. In my mind, the game is technically free because I don't have to take funds away from RL to continue playing the game. I can just use in-game money to keep playing.

Obviously there's a price to play for that advantage, but honestly, I really don't give a shit about any promos whatsoever and I actively pursue xp-related goals. Too many people want to impress others (evident when they keep mentioning how they were capable of doing 50k xp/h methods to max out) and that's when they find the struggle to survive on a game in this state. XP is only personal now if you want to remain a happy player. If you want it to become competitive, you must be prepared to drain all your money (in-game and/or IRL) to stay relevant in the race. And if you can't accept that, you'll be unhappy.

I honestly don't get why people who say, "XP is so shit and pointless, I don't care r0fl" yet sit there complaining about every promo that comes out like it's something alien, and unheard of. Every week people act like TH has just come out. Where have they been honestly? They must have some hope that one day TH will just "go away". They ought to realise it's never going to happen, no matter how smart they think they're being (with all the proof and arguments suggesting how bad TH is).

Another thing I keep seeing: "Why are we forced to buy keys? This is unfair..It should be better to get the promoted item legitimately!" - ahem, TH doesn't care about that, it just wants money! That's why it exists. If it's better to get an item "legitimately", then it defeats the entire purpose of making the promo (because of reduced profits). The promos aren't there for us, they're there for money. People ought to realise this.

07-Apr-2016 16:16:25 - Last edited on 07-Apr-2016 16:17:48 by Singularity

Otter
Dec Member 2006

Otter

Posts: 18,155 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
People simply don't like change. A lot of people remember when Rs had no MTX, and MTX are okay in those "other games" because those other games never had a time without MTX.

But yeah, I don't understand why people still care and make threads. I was one of those people who maxed doing those 50k/hr exp methods back in 2010. The worst thing I had to abuse were effigies. Yet you wont ever see me complaining about MTX. As long as they don't start locking actual content behind pay walls I don't think I'll ever care.

07-Apr-2016 16:21:21

Lust
Feb Member 2012

Lust

Posts: 17,455 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think its an interesting topic, except it just turns into a shit show when people try to discuss anything related to mtx

Also funny that some people complain things are too easy while others say things are too hard
help.

07-Apr-2016 16:36:36

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,490 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well, in a way that's true. PvM seems to be the only thing in-game that actually challenges you. XP is easy because a lot of it is AFK, or buyable (for faster XP). PvP is a potential candidate as well, but it's only ever active during Warbands (thanks to easy XP). .

07-Apr-2016 16:45:38 - Last edited on 07-Apr-2016 16:46:14 by Singularity

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top