Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

R obin

R obin

Posts: 5,692 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lenoire said :
I'm an exceptionally stubborn person and I rarely change my mind when I have decided something, so that combined with my general dislike of intensive combat may very well be the biggest obstacle when it comes to PvM for me.
The fact I'm very cheap and don't like spending money on supplies doesn't help either.

You can forget the cheap part, if you become just a little decent at combat, money will keep flowing in 10-20x fold the supply prices.

If you dislike combat, fair enough, but you can't really hate it if you haven't tried it.

29-Mar-2016 11:27:47

Otter
Dec Member 2006

Otter

Posts: 18,155 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Araxxor is the only thing with something to actually "React" to. And even that is rather predictable. Really all you need to do is spend time familiarizing yourself with the content and figuring out the patterns that all of these monsters do. Yeah dying while figuring this stuff out and allowing your brain enough time to adjust to all of the information you need to take in at first really sucks, but honestly with enough practice, every monster in the game becomes a breeze.

Just remember you don't need to be comparing yourself to the hardcore players who do speed runs for everything. If an araxxor kill takes you 8 minutes, theres nothing wrong with that.

29-Mar-2016 11:29:40

Lenoire
Oct Member 2011

Lenoire

Posts: 1,799 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
R obin said :
Lenoire said :
I'm an exceptionally stubborn person and I rarely change my mind when I have decided something, so that combined with my general dislike of intensive combat may very well be the biggest obstacle when it comes to PvM for me.
The fact I'm very cheap and don't like spending money on supplies doesn't help either.

You can forget the cheap part, if you become just a little decent at combat, money will keep flowing in 10-20x fold the supply prices.

If you dislike combat, fair enough, but you can't really hate it if you haven't tried it.
I have tried it more than enough to know that it is not my thing. How else could I know that it's not my thing?
I don't mind the simple combat like most of Slayer is, it barely differs from skilling, but it's only the more intensive kind of combat where it goes beyond my limits.

29-Mar-2016 11:33:13

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top