Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Otter
Dec Member 2006

Otter

Posts: 18,155 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think the worst part is Jagex has very little incentive to even bother fixing it. Most players care more about skills as placeholders for experience rather than for the skills serving purpose themselves. Look at how popular Seren stones, Waterfall fishing, and crystal trees are. Its the same exact activity for three different skills. The content provides absolutely no benefit other than granting experience in their respective skills, and players still do it in masses. Invention serves its purpose of being another placeholder for experience, and thats probably all it'll ever be.

I think Im mad at myself for letting my guard down and listening to the way Jagex was hyping the skill up. Its still fine from a conceptual standpoint, but theres no way I'll believe it'll ever live up to its conceptual hype and promise until I see it actually happen.

09-Feb-2016 11:30:14

Ecruteak
Feb Member 2012

Ecruteak

Posts: 79,307 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hevilmystic said :
I'd like for the entirety of the website to be that, entirely 'flat', no stuff that feels like it's popping out at you, but maybe that's just me.

That's the word I was looking for, "flat."

I'm not against flat, but it seemed rather different and weird to me. I guess I like "3D" better.
~ I do not have a signature.

09-Feb-2016 11:33:18

Ecruteak
Feb Member 2012

Ecruteak

Hevilmystic said :
It was such a bad skill, wanted to get it over and done with tbh

Tbh I think it's a good skill, just had a bad start. Like a horrible start.

It can be much better too, there's more batches to come.

09-Feb-2016 11:34:38 - Last edited on 09-Feb-2016 11:35:42 by Ecruteak

Lust
Feb Member 2012

Lust

Posts: 17,455 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Theres really not much benefit from training invention up atm though

A lot of people just want to afk the game and play another game at the same time.

Was some thread not long ago, guy complaining that skill bubbles were disruptive to his afking because he zoomed the screen into a seren rock only >_>
help.

09-Feb-2016 11:37:01

Ecruteak
Feb Member 2012

Ecruteak

I suppose I'll say the concept was a good idea, and I like the skill as a concept. Whether it holds up I suppose is another story.

I think it can hold up, if Jagex does it right, and I still think there's time for them to do it.

09-Feb-2016 11:38:20

Ecruteak
Feb Member 2012

Ecruteak

Lust said :
Was some thread not long ago, guy complaining that skill bubbles were disruptive to his afking because he zoomed the screen into a seren rock only >_>

I don't know why but this is the funniest thing to me right now lol

09-Feb-2016 11:39:46

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top