Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Evil Lucario
Jul Member 2012

Evil Lucario

Posts: 8,116 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Avogadro said :
Super Mario Maker is a lame corporation rip-off of Lunar Magic and other original ROM editors.

Honestly we can still make hellish courses similar to Item Abuse and Kaizo, just not have any save states.

Also, it allows us to make courses in the NSMB styles with the twirl and wall jump, so more Kaizo levels in a different way.

Like that Super Meat Boy homage.
Twitter @EvilLucario
| Owner of Boss School (HLF Link) | Teaching High-leveled PvM!

17-Jan-2016 18:56:01

Avogadro

Avogadro

Posts: 4,088 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Evil Lucario said :
Avogadro said :
Super Mario Maker is a lame corporation rip-off of Lunar Magic and other original ROM editors.

Honestly we can still make hellish courses similar to Item Abuse and Kaizo, just not have any save states.

Also, it allows us to make courses in the NSMB styles with the twirl and wall jump, so more Kaizo levels in a different way.

Like that Super Meat Boy homage.

Super Mario Maker prompted Nintendo to take down tons of videos. They decided the old hackers would get in the way of their profits, and a dealt a huge blow to a once loyal community.
7:^]

17-Jan-2016 18:57:38

Avogadro

Avogadro

ROM hacks didn't miss anything. Basic editors gave you everything that was in the original Super Mario World. Not enough? Download a HEX edit or a unique patch from SMWC. People turned SMW into completely different games. Nintendo ruined it. 7:^]

17-Jan-2016 19:02:51

Chee arra
Mar Member 2010

Chee arra

Posts: 10,335 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Fleekstar said :
Would dreadnips work at rippers? I heard people say that they're good there but since getting all the journals, I didn't see one person use them

YES! They're extremely helpful because they actually stun the rippers and prevent them from doing their KO attack for a few seconds. Definitely bring them.
Quest Master
| @Chee__RS |
7 kc Chick'Arra

Friends Chat Improvements | 1 Defence Quests and Tasks
Goals

17-Jan-2016 19:04:25

Fleekstar

Fleekstar

Posts: 6,983 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Chee arra said :
Fleekstar said :
Would dreadnips work at rippers? I heard people say that they're good there but since getting all the journals, I didn't see one person use them

YES! They're extremely helpful because they actually stun the rippers and prevent them from doing their KO attack for a few seconds. Definitely bring them.

Perfect, will be helpful if I help anyone else with them, thank you!

17-Jan-2016 19:06:41

Avogadro

Avogadro

Fleekstar said :
Chee arra said :
Fleekstar said :

wtf take my advice

Also, always run north east when they jump
7:^]

17-Jan-2016 19:07:52

Chee arra
Mar Member 2010

Chee arra

Posts: 10,335 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Avogadro said :
Fleekstar said :
Chee arra said :
Fleekstar said :

wtf take my advice

Also, always run north east when they jump

I used both dreadnips and darklight/defender when I killed them. :P There's no reason he can't also, lol. And vampyrism is a good idea, I totally spaced on that lol.
Quest Master
| @Chee__RS |
7 kc Chick'Arra

Friends Chat Improvements | 1 Defence Quests and Tasks
Goals

17-Jan-2016 19:09:18

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top