Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Lathow
Oct Member 2005

Lathow

Posts: 20,529 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't see the point in dyes they look good sure but you can get a decent look with a 300-500 runecoins override...

Dyed armor is bad unless you plan to keepsake it, and if you do the above still applies. If you don't want to keepsake it you need to turn overrides off and either have it always on or turn overrides off and on as you use it so that's a no. So ultimately, keepsaked dyed armor or an actual override designed to look decent?

Weapons are a little better since you don't have them always on so you don't need to use overrides there (I personally don't for most) but the same problem applies to a lesser extent. I prefer using overrides for some as their looks are not particularly good (melee weapons/drygores/override with rock sticks) and additionally if I'm going to use a drygore mace and a kalphite defender I'll probably want to have matching looks. I think some overrides are decent and dyes cost way too much to be considered. I mean, why would I blow 1.5b on a shadow scythe when I can use a maul of omens or a golden scythe instead?
Hi

09-Dec-2015 02:11:57

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Posts: 60,012 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yep that's the problem I'm having, I can't help but feel it's nothing but a novelty, and I don't even use Seismics enough for it to even be something I should be considering. I mean, in 2 months of owning Seismics I didn't use them once, yet I still want to dye them, lol.

It doesn't make sense but I'm a bit too obsessed with cosmetics.
Unslain Bosses - Clan

09-Dec-2015 02:14:46

Lathow
Oct Member 2005

Lathow

Posts: 20,529 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm going to assume this is about invention and well who knows.. I haven't even read anything on it yet (besides watching a bts video) because I know well things will change very much before release and it's not worth panicking over it. Hi

09-Dec-2015 02:27:27

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top