Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,457 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So the male viewers can gaze at something

The females have the Doctor (Male) to gaze and fangirl over, so the male viewers need a bit of love on that score too!

Something for everyone ;)

Right?

21-Apr-2015 12:56:43 - Last edited on 21-Apr-2015 12:57:41 by Singularity

Morgan

Morgan

Posts: 36,054 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I also wish they made it so The Doctor can regenerate into female with a male companion.

Also I LOVE The Doctor, but sometimes I get the feeling he fishes for girls WAY too much. Like, after an adventure with a girl and if he's companionless, he'll most likely ask her if she wants to join him. But if it's a male, he wants to leave ASAP after the adventure :( (Like when Morrissey asked him to stay for Christmas dinner :( )

21-Apr-2015 12:59:20

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,457 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Loads of people are against the idea of the doctor being female. Expected as well considering that they've all been male, the thought of the doctor being female just seems so off-putting I guess.

They'd have to cast a really good female actor if they ever go down that road. Otherwise, it will ruin the entire season, resulting in dropped ratings. It'll be a big gamble to go down this path though, a gamble they're not willing to take.

21-Apr-2015 13:09:35 - Last edited on 21-Apr-2015 13:10:42 by Singularity

Morgan

Morgan

Posts: 36,054 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
That makes sense I guess. They don't want to risk it. I just love the concept of a female heroine that saves the universe just like The Doctor always does. It'd be amazing. But then again, The Doctor is inherently male, and it seems Time Lords can't be both genders.

A female spinoff (maybe after this reboot is over) would be nice :D There'd have to be a logical explanation too. Maybe The Doctor finds he's not alone and there's the last female Time Lord.

#dreaming

21-Apr-2015 13:14:35

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top