Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Otter
Dec Member 2006

Otter

Posts: 18,155 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If your show needs shocking twists and turns then the writing sucks. Thats the lowest form of writing. If you can't come up with an interesting plot where the viewers want to see the progress and resolution, even if its "predictable" what the end result will be.

What makes a show interesting to me is if the writing is good enough to keep me invested within the characters plights. I may know what the end result will be (good guy always wins, etc.) but the character does not. The character needs to progress and fight through the adversities and to overcome.

This whole "Lets see what shit I can make up to shock the viewer and leave each episode with a cliff hanger" has grown old. It was ok with Lost at first (theres probably shows before Lost that did this, but Lost was the first one I was old enough to notice/care about) but everything thats been popular since then has been a major turn off to me.

Though admittedly I understand why the shows do it, its great for people to discuss, and it gets lots of clicks on the internet of people wanting to discuss what crazy thing might happen next, its just not for me.

Also slightly bitter because the one show I actually did like ended up getting rushed and then cancelled because it wasn't all that popular so rip. I'll stick to watching sports :c.

21-Mar-2015 04:28:26 - Last edited on 21-Mar-2015 04:29:24 by Otter

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top