Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Loggy

Loggy

Posts: 11,505 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If you name somebody who isn't liked, they'll get shamed by other people.

If you shame somebody, it won't mean anything to most people (unless you make obvious who you're talking about, in which case you're naming too). Either way, the thread will turn into "who is it?" or name and shame, which isn't going to end well.

In short, I don't think you can have one without the other.

17-Aug-2013 17:22:06

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,160 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tali Zorah said :
Was Zeus said :
Tuffty said :
Naming and shaming has been going on all day. Now It's time for clean up duty.

Don't like it then don't partake in any naming and shaming of Jagex staff.

I dont know why my thread was shut down, only some of the last few posts were bad

Because naming, even if it doesn't include shaming now falls under the naming and shaming rule according to him, maybe?

Naming and Shaming Jagex staff comes under another Rule. See FSR. People were in fact Flaming and Trolling Jagex staff.

That's a really bad idea. Isn't it.
Comprehensive Account Security
What do snowmen have for breakfast? Snowflakes! :P

17-Aug-2013 17:22:52

Tali Zorah
Sep Member 2020

Tali Zorah

Posts: 10,853 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'd disagree in a respectful manner, just as rules allow Kinda like that Alkan thread but it's not going to get anywhere anyway. That's perfectly clear. I've lost my arrow. Have you seen it? It's been on my mind a lot lately...

17-Aug-2013 17:26:36

Moe Is 4210

Moe Is 4210

Forum Moderator Posts: 31,106 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tali Zorah said :
Was Zeus said :
Tuffty said :

I dont know why my thread was shut down, only some of the last few posts were bad

Because naming, even if it doesn't include shaming now falls under the naming and shaming rule according to him, maybe?

It's not that.

But whenever you naem a player - people will discuss said player, whether it's positive OR negative. To avoid the latter (which falls under shaming), the whole convo is just removed.

I don't know if it's possible to open a thread and say "Let's talk about Moerdred!" without having a person or two spew crap about said person.

17-Aug-2013 17:29:02

James Page1

James Page1

Posts: 3,720 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Moe Is 4210 said :
Tali Zorah said :
Was Zeus said :
Tuffty said :

So you lock threads before a rule is actually broken, that's like arresting someone because he walks into a store
It's not that.

But whenever you naem a player - people will discuss said player, whether it's positive OR negative. To avoid the latter (which falls under shaming), the whole convo is just removed.

I don't know if it's possible to open a thread and say "Let's talk about Moerdred!" without having a person or two spew crap about said person.

17-Aug-2013 17:32:04

Tali Zorah
Sep Member 2020

Tali Zorah

Posts: 10,853 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Idk, i reckon you'd be a good topic. not seen much bad about you anywhere ever :x

Anyway, off topic. I can understand that, but wouldn't directing people to the "respectful manner" part of the rules be okay? :(
I've lost my arrow. Have you seen it? It's been on my mind a lot lately...

17-Aug-2013 17:32:42

James Page1

James Page1

Posts: 3,720 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So you lock before any rules are actually broken, that's like arresting someone for walking into a store just because you "think" somethings going to happen

edit - post above, I clicked edit and it created this one instead of editing o.O

17-Aug-2013 17:32:58 - Last edited on 17-Aug-2013 17:33:41 by James Page1

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top