Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,457 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
G

- “It's like when you're a kid, the first time they tell you that the world's turning and you just can't quite believe it 'cause everything looks like it's standing still. I can feel it, that's who I am” -

30-Dec-2014 02:35:27

Morgan

Morgan

Posts: 36,054 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Keighlea said :
Also one version of Spanish (actual Spain, Spanish, I think) uses the Vosotros form of verbs while the other (South American) doesn't

Been like 8 years since I did anything with Spanish though!

The Purple Sorceress
I wish I knew what "vosotros" is :(

Baraxil said :
For example popcorn is pochoclo (choclo is corn) in South America, and palomitas in Spain. Strawberries are frutillas or fresas. Pumpkin is zapallo or calabaza. I could go on and on but I don't wanna bore you with nonsensical gibberish
Ah, just like the different dialects in english then :P

30-Dec-2014 02:36:21

Baraxil

Baraxil

Posts: 4,360 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Argentina is a great place for roadtrips if you enjoy those. To the north you have Iguaçu Falls which you can see from the Argentinian side (which I personally think is better, the Brazillian one gives more of a panoramic view from a distance, whilst Argentinian makes you feel like you're inside the heart of the waterfalls and you can appreciate the beauty of it much more).

To the south you have the entire region of Patagonia, where you can venture off to the end of the world (almost literally, since Ushuaia is the southernmost city in the world) and see the glaciers which are breathtaking.

To the west you have Chile which is well-worth visiting, especially if you are a lover of seafood :D

I know I'm slow in replying T_T

edit: forgot to mention that if you go to Chile you get to cross the Andes which are really special, I remember seeing some insane rock formations by the river near the pass, it looked like something out of a fairy tale. They called them the baths of the tribes.

30-Dec-2014 02:40:52 - Last edited on 30-Dec-2014 02:50:07 by Baraxil

Gladz

Gladz

Posts: 1,012 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Drayco said :
New puppy is making Divine very exhausted. If I go by what people tell me, only another 2.5 years until shes out of puppy stage@@ D:
I know how you feel. Got a German Shepard pup about a month ago. Needs attention for days.

30-Dec-2014 02:42:05

Morgan

Morgan

Posts: 36,054 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I plan on visiting the Patagonia and Ushuaia sometime in the future. It's not close though, Argentina is MASSIVE. And yea, I LOVE seafood :P Also, Argentina has a massive coastline, I'm sure their seafood is vast as well! I'm not big on adventures though, so I don't see myself exploring the country for a while :(

30-Dec-2014 02:46:40

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,457 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nap less

Explore more

:D

- “It's like when you're a kid, the first time they tell you that the world's turning and you just can't quite believe it 'cause everything looks like it's standing still. I can feel it, that's who I am” -

30-Dec-2014 02:49:41

Baraxil

Baraxil

Posts: 4,360 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My friends and I have been talking persistently about travelling as of late and it's driving me nuts in the sense that I HAVE to go explore somewhere new asap. Hopefully in February when I'm done with my exams :)

30-Dec-2014 02:52:22

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top