Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

TDX

TDX

Posts: 2,545 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Morgan said :
Lathow said :
Crucible needs a rework so bad, at the moment it's wasting server memory.
I agree, I've never really played it for real. What are its flaws in your opinion?

The entire concept of the mini-game.
Everybody cares about things that nobody cares about.

16-Dec-2014 02:49:31

Wilson Magna

Wilson Magna

Posts: 1,825 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
TDX said :
Morgan said :
Lathow said :
Crucible needs a rework so bad, at the moment it's wasting server memory.
I agree, I've never really played it for real. What are its flaws in your opinion?

The entire concept of the mini-game.

Maybe if it was FFA and killing your target being optional would make it more popular, and maybe do something about the massive fee. The 500k gp fee pretty much encourages some people to use OP gear + safe giving themselves 0% chance of dying and 100% chance of outlasting the opponent.
@wilsonmagna

16-Dec-2014 02:52:09

Wilson Magna

Wilson Magna

Posts: 1,825 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Morgan said :
Can you please briefly summarise its concept? :P Too lazy to read up. I remember you had to kill people and get some legendary weapons or something...

You go in and get assigned a random target, if you leave you forfeit your entry fee. The entry fee can be 500k if you have low risk I think?
@wilsonmagna

16-Dec-2014 02:53:39

Lathow
Oct Member 2005

Lathow

Posts: 20,529 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't remember it very well but it forced you to risk an arbitrary amount of wealth depending on your combat level and if you stepped your foot in the game you would instantly lose an unreclaimable entry fee.

The match making system was also quite broken, preventing you from fighting random people and pairing you with people you might not want to fight for whatever reason. I remember on release there used to be people with soa/gano/yak who could kill you in 20 seconds and tank you for 20 minutes.

I am generally supportive of cash sinks but that was too much, and forcing you to risk 600k or so was stupid. 600k is not much but you can't exactly go in for fun and die every minute or so unless your bank is in the billions.

I like sandbox-ey pvp and the crucible was exactly the opposite, expensive dangerous and serious.
Hi

16-Dec-2014 03:02:48

TDX

TDX

Posts: 2,545 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Morgan said :
Can you please briefly summarise its concept? :P Too lazy to read up. I remember you had to kill people and get some legendary weapons or something...

Imagine bounty hunter, but you can only attack one person. If you run because you didn't bring top level gear you lose money. You can also only be matched up with someone of almost the exact stats bar a few exeptions, based on the formula Pre-EoC which is completely different to the current one.

Aka if you're 70 att/str, you'll be matched up with someone who is 70 att/str but 99 mage/range. If you're 138cb in the old formula though, your target will need be something like 135cb+ or you can't even get them if you're the only two in the arena.

There's no way to change target unless one of you dies or leaves. You can't take familiars anymore I think so you're not going to have inventory space for two different styles of combat, so if you're geared with melee and end up fighting a mage, you're better off just leaving and losing 500k.
Everybody cares about things that nobody cares about.

16-Dec-2014 03:02:58 - Last edited on 16-Dec-2014 03:03:58 by TDX

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top