Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

HyunA

HyunA

Posts: 23,608 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
nat said :
So pvp is still broken is wot ur sayin

The Combat triangle doesn't apply in PvP at all even though it never fully did Pre-EoC either. Swift gloves wrecking every Melee Pker ever <3

With that said. Balance was never achieved:

Melee should beat Range
Range should beat Magic
Magic should beat Melee

What we really have is:

Range Beats Magic
Magic Beats Melee
and Range Beats Melee

Fkn Shadow Tendrils hit 6k on me. And by the time I got in Melee distance I was in Edgeville. With Barge being nerfed too (it doesn't close the gap manually anymore clicking the target it just surges and frees binds) >.>. I got rekt.
@HyunAOP

01-Oct-2014 23:10:03

HyunA

HyunA

Seeker said :
Snipe can be cancelled by using interupts or running out of combat distance since it has a 3 tick activation time. It's pretty bad in pvp compared to dbreath and havoc/smash. :v

The point still stands that 1h Melee can't drop pray via an ability.

And if you get interrupted whilst trying to drop pray. That's bad timing/luck.
@HyunAOP

01-Oct-2014 23:10:54

Seeker
Jun Member 2008

Seeker

Posts: 65,657 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Melee was so good when smash was the only ability that dropped prayer. Maulers would always be the primary target cos no one wanted their prayers dropped.
Nowadays your protect prayers get disabled all the time gf

01-Oct-2014 23:15:33

HyunA

HyunA

Seeker said :
Melee was so good when smash was the only ability that dropped prayer. Maulers would always be the primary target cos no one wanted their prayers dropped.
Nowadays your protect prayers get disabled all the time gf

Kinda should have stayed that way imo. It gave 2h a viable use. It gave Melee a use.

Melee lost it's shine when

Dharok got nerfed (yes I know it was stupid OP but it was unfair to nerf it to the ground. Risk should equal reward and this concept of Nerfing it to a decent level would have been better, even to this day it sucks with the current buff it had)

Vesta Spear got nerfed (that was needed, but again, the only time Melee shined)

Drygore Mace + EEE (back when EEE was -4 less damage than a OHDRYMACE and Offhand accuracy didn't contribute) even post EEE nerf. This was merely Ok but Maul did it better.

Rune being the Cheapest decent Melee set (Batwing does it better at 90% less of the cost and Royal does it even better at 70% less of the cost). This was a huge deal. Nobody wanted to PK in Addy now. Though that's the fault in the games longrunning history of rune being the best smithed item and alch price heavily favouring rune armour. I think even Full Addy costs more than Full Royal lmfao (minus the range helm).

The Saving Grace Melee had for training was the SGS passive for medium rich level slayers who couldn't wield drygores or just love to AFK.
@HyunAOP

01-Oct-2014 23:23:22

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top