Forums

September Raffle Bugfix/Change Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-619-66120161

Sharp-shin

Sharp-shin

Posts: 41,301 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aimme said :
Sharp-shin said :
Another waste of time as a result of hosting a handout event that doesn't belong to the game -- please, just remove the raffle completely and redistribute its rewards into actual gameplay, so that you can earn them and it means something.

Have you actually played RS recently? the whole game is about freebies and microtransactions.

Aimme xx

Yep, it's a widespread problem that needs to be fixed. Runescape stands no chance when competing against other instant gratification games; having to earn your stuff through proper gameplay, on the other hand, has always been its strong selling point.
"Volat Accipiter libera est; venandi sua natura est."
~Accipiter striatus

10-Sep-2019 17:03:57

Jon Bon Jovi
Nov Member 2021

Jon Bon Jovi

Posts: 1,444 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The updated numbers are:
Monday: Protean packs – 20,000 -> 27,000
Tuesday: Bank deposit box – 40,000 -> 54,000
Wednesday: Deathtouched darts – 20,000 -> 27,000
Thursday: Golden Barrows – 7,000 -> 9,500
Friday: Golden Warpriest – 5,000 -> 7,000
Saturday: Golden Chaotic – 2,500 -> 3,500
Sunday: Golden Godsword – 2,500 -> 3,500

Not according to the raffle interface, unless you didn't bother to update that because, well, effort.

11-Sep-2019 08:35:01

Itnachos11
Nov Member 2016

Itnachos11

Posts: 1,007 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sharp-shin said :
Aimme said :
Sharp-shin said :
Another waste of time as a result of hosting a handout event that doesn't belong to the game -- please, just remove the raffle completely and redistribute its rewards into actual gameplay, so that you can earn them and it means something.

Have you actually played RS recently? the whole game is about freebies and microtransactions.

Aimme xx

Yep, it's a widespread problem that needs to be fixed. Runescape stands no chance when competing against other instant gratification games; having to earn your stuff through proper gameplay, on the other hand, has always been its strong selling point.

Oh look, back to complaining about everything
"Itnachos11" FC is a friends chat for PCing nothing because you're not allowed in.

11-Sep-2019 09:00:46

Mini JIT
Oct Member 2014

Mini JIT

Posts: 2,205 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jon Bon Jovi said :
The updated numbers are:
Monday: Protean packs – 20,000 -> 27,000
Tuesday: Bank deposit box – 40,000 -> 54,000
Wednesday: Deathtouched darts – 20,000 -> 27,000
Thursday: Golden Barrows – 7,000 -> 9,500
Friday: Golden Warpriest – 5,000 -> 7,000
Saturday: Golden Chaotic – 2,500 -> 3,500
Sunday: Golden Godsword – 2,500 -> 3,500

Not according to the raffle interface, unless you didn't bother to update that because, well, effort.

All you had to do was read the line directly above what you copy/pasted:

(the increased number of prizes will not be visible on the Raffle interface or Balthazar chat until next Monday).

11-Sep-2019 15:58:13

Boldly Rule
Feb Member 2010

Boldly Rule

Posts: 966 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rikornak said :
Mega Duck said :
Shiavui said :
Minimum of 1500 Total level, is the least I would personally set it to.

Although i do agree with raising the total level requirement, 1500 is far too high.

A suggestion i made in another thread is to earn the right to be able to enter the raffle each day by gaining something like 100k exp each day. This would reduce the number of alts people can use significantly whilst being an easy requirement on accounts that people actually play on.

It probably is a bit much for extremely new players either.

But generally - another solution would be cutting free tickets from balthazar and gilly - just handing out one for a daily challenge. And maybe that free one for a stream.

Afaik the system last year (balthazar + challenge, no gilly) helped quite a bit to tone down rigging, so removing the free one from balthazar as well should cut it down even more.
I wonder why Jagex abandoned last years raffle system. Joke I actually don't wonder. If you spend 2 min per account on the raffle in one hour you can manually log 30 accounts. In 24 hrs of non stop playing you can log 720 accounts. Profit comes first to Jagex that much is clear yet I get a verification screen when I log in to the forums. Surely things can be handled better there is just not the will to do so. Clearly the raffle riggers are being encouraged and that is Jagex's prerogative. I was just wondering if we mortals who have won duplicate golden items can be allowed to exchange them for other golden items as a sign of good will.

11-Sep-2019 16:01:26 - Last edited on 11-Sep-2019 16:36:07 by Boldly Rule

Quick find code: 254-255-619-66120161 Back to Top