Forums

Clan Logo Competition Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-51-62140124

On The Set

On The Set

Posts: 14,484 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You know whats sad about this? Once again, ascii artists are overlooked in this whole ordeal. We've been making clan logoes for years upon years, unrecognized by jagex, marked as spam, and instead of us you put some "Super-impose-your-clan-onto-a-sword" contest?
It's funny, you actually had me excited when I read logo competition on the homepage.

07-Jan-2011 17:20:07

Spart

Spart

Posts: 1,926 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Carsten,
Most email programs have a means to include a file attachment just as a jpg or gif picture file you drew and saved (such as with Microsoft's Paint program).
If all else fails, draw your picture by hand and snail mail it to Jagex headquarters in England. If you picture is coloured nice, then it's more appealing and likely to win.
For guy who likes ascii art, some of it looks nice, but if I'm reading a forum topic, I want to read your text comments, not an artistic ascii art work over and over in a signature.
--Spart!

07-Jan-2011 17:25:41

Argents

Argents

Posts: 1,338 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ok, many of your questions are answered here:
The logo is not clan specific. If your logo is really good, but has some kind of clan name on it, the name will be removed.
Every clan can use these logos. The idea is that it depicts what KIND of clan it is, not WHICH clan it is.
The point is concept, not looking really good. If you do it in paint, save it as one of the formats at beginning of thread, like JPEG. If you decide to draw it, then take a good picture that isnt blurred or dazzled of the logo, upload to computer, save as one of the file types and attach it to e-mail.

07-Jan-2011 17:25:56

The contents of this message have been hidden.

07-Jan-2011 17:43:27

Mod Timbo

Mod Timbo

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Hey guys,
I'll answer your questions! :)
does it have to be drawn or can it be made in programs on the computer?
It can be drawn in real life, in MS Paint or a professional graphics program - it's entirely up to you. As long as we can see the clan logo clearly and it's attached as the right image type in the e-mail, it'll be fine.
if we have multiple entries, should we include them in the same e-mail as multiple attachments or send multiple e-mails?
You can do both but I would send them all together. If you forget, or make another towards the end, then don't hesitate to send another e-mail though.
So just to get this straight...we are designing logos that can by used by any clan? There aren't any specific clans that we should be designing for right?
The winning logos will be able to be used by everyone but it will be your clan's logo, or your own design, that makes it into the game. That means your clan can use it and have your very own logo in the game!
by goodies do you mean something online/in-game?
They won't be in-game goodies (except for the logo of course!) but will be a selection of awesome stuff!
Timbo
Mod Timbo
| Senior Game Designer & Balancer
@JagexTimbo
on Twitter!

07-Jan-2011 17:47:02

Quick find code: 254-255-51-62140124 Back to Top